South Tyneside cash cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you knew the area you'd know that you don't/won't see the sign depending on where you've been or are coming from. Obviously the thousands of people getting done, appealing and complaining to the paper means nothing and a spanner 250 miles away that has never been knows better.
Getting personal now eh...

Is it because you know deep down I'm right?

Just had a nice letter from the lovely people at south tyneside council stating I owe them £60.00 reduced to £30.00 if paid in 28 days.
I did the unthinkable crime of leaving the scotch estate Jarra via Edinburgh road.
Had the council put up a no access sign to all traffic apart from busses I would have understood what it meant. The sign they put up is ambiguous to say the least so I am expecting several more in the coming weeks.
Anyone else on here been caught out
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Yep..... a while back and they refused appeal said was clearly marked as no access......... Quite obviously it is not with the amount of people being caught out especially when inside lane is busy loads of vehicles in and out of lanes it was like wacky races the day I was there..

Getting personal now eh...

Is it because you know deep down I'm right?

Hardly personal. I notice you've avoided all the other points. Convenient.

Yep..... a while back and they refused appeal said was clearly marked as no access......... Quite obviously it is not with the amount of people being caught out especially when inside lane is busy loads of vehicles in and out of lanes it was like wacky races the day I was there..

It's the least clear signs I've ever seen. One tiny little blue one about 3 metres before your last chance to bail out. Got no chance unless you're doing 3mph.

Last edited:
Just had a nice letter from the lovely people at south tyneside council stating I owe them £60.00 reduced to £30.00 if paid in 28 days.
I did the unthinkable crime of leaving the scotch estate Jarra via Edinburgh road.
Had the council put up a no access sign to all traffic apart from busses I would have understood what it meant. The sign they put up is ambiguous to say the least so I am expecting several more in the coming weeks.
Anyone else on here been caught out
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
make sure you go out and photograph the sign and where it is located. make sure that you do it from a driving position as well ie how you would see it on the road. Previous cases show that signs may be a described on a photograph, but may not be at the correct position for a car driver to see. Take the images in daylight and at the approx. time you are alleged to have done the deed.

make sure you go out and photograph the sign and where it is located. make sure that you do it from a driving position as well ie how you would see it on the road. Previous cases show that signs may be a described on a photograph, but may not be at the correct position for a car driver to see. Take the images in daylight and at the approx. time you are alleged to have done the deed.

For the sake of £30?

For the sake of £30?

he is expecting a few more though. mind from the stock photo it looks as though he is knacked, but he needs to establish exactly what he can see and when, from a driving position.

However the blue rectangle sign on a normal road are information signs and are not a mandatory instruction.

so there should be a sign at the junction with a mandatory instruction

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._data/file/519129/know-your-traffic-signs.pdf

he is expecting a few more though. mind from the stock photo it looks as though he is knacked, but he needs to establish exactly what he can see and when, from a driving position.

However the blue rectangle sign on a normal road are information signs and are not a mandatory instruction.

so there should be a sign at the junction with a mandatory instruction

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._data/file/519129/know-your-traffic-signs.pdf

Pretty sure a blue rectangle one-way sign is mandatory mind.

Pretty sure a blue rectangle one-way sign is mandatory mind.
no its information

rectangles inform
triangles warn
circles give an order
hexagonal gives an instruction of stop. it is the only sign that shape, so the driver when they see they know what the instruction is (in case covered by snow for example)

Well if you knew the area you'd know that you don't/won't see the sign depending on where you've been or are coming from. Obviously the thousands of people getting done, appealing and complaining to the paper means nothing and a spanner 250 miles away that has never been knows better.
Go on then tell me where you can't see the sign from & why.

no its information

rectangles inform
triangles warn
circles give an order
hexagonal gives an instruction of stop. it is the only sign that shape, so the driver when they see they know what the instruction is (in case covered by snow for example)
It's a circular bus & cycle lane sign embedded on the big sign.

I think many more things should be punishable by fine but not points

This is one you definitely shouldn’t get points for.

Points need to be reserved for dangerous drivers. Using a bus lane might inconvenience a bus but it isn’t dangerous.

Speeding - points
Phone - points
Run a red - points

Bus lane - fine

Good bite that :D:p

Go on then tell me where you can't see the sign from & why.

It's a circular bus & cycle lane sign embedded on the big sign.

does that fit in with the law as to how it should be displayed.

to know it is an order it should be circular on its own. That way there is no confusion as to whether it is information or an order.

South Tyneside council's strengths..

i) building loads of houses and not investing in infrastructure to build the local economy, I refer to the new town of Hebburn
ii) Paying little attention to addressing the root cause of anti-social behaviour by young folk
iii) Christmas decorations - ringfenced essential opex

South Tyneside council's strengths..

i) building loads of houses and not investing in infrastructure to build the local economy, I refer to the new town of Hebburn
ii) Paying little attention to addressing the root cause of anti-social behaviour by young folk
iii) Christmas decorations - ringfenced essential opex

Hebburn is going to be a bloody nightmare shortly, every square inch of land has been bought up and is being built upon. School places are scarce enough as it is and traffic is getting worse, just wait til the estate on Victoria Road West is finished, it's going to be carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back