South Tyneside cash cow.

I don't know that area well. That's why I suggested he take the route he took and take images from his driving position of the signs and what he can see.

Trouble is I live 220 miles away and was only visiting, so going back over the route taking photo's is a non starter

Trouble is I live 220 miles away and was only visiting, so going back over the route taking photo's is a non starter
unless you have a friend or relative to do it, you wont have a defence, so probably best pay the 30 notes and pray more don't land on the letter mat

You said points should be given for dangerous driving and driving in a bus lane is not really dangerous.

I think it's arrogant to think that has no potential impact on safety, if everyone has that attitude then god knows what would happen.

Well you’re welcome to think that mate.

I don’t think it’s really all that dangerous to use a bus lane.

It’s a dickhead thing to do but not dangerous which is why I’d fine but not endorse points for

Bus gate wasnt needed it was just thrown in on the back of the road works last year by some faceless out of touch over paid prick with a pencil and crayons....it's caused a rat run through elgin street its not solved nowt
Means I can get out of my drive after 8 am though

I understsnd your annoyance but that stretch of road has had a lot of publicity. I don’t think there is anything wrong with the signage but have a go about it if you thinkyou can win. I have had 8 parking tickets and all rescinded, but you must have a case.
:lol::lol::lol:

So the sign is on Edinburgh Road, before the junction with Stirling Ave? And there is no signage at all on Stirling Ave? So if you turn right out of Stirling Ave and exit the estate you'll get nabbed by the camera but you won't have seen the sign?

Or a meringue?

It does say Bus Gate in massive letters on the road like
and whats a bus gate?

So the sign is on Edinburgh Road, before the junction with Stirling Ave? And there is no signage at all on Stirling Ave? So if you turn right out of Stirling Ave and exit the estate you'll get nabbed by the camera but you won't have seen the sign?

Or a meringue?
its a shambles man, canny earner mind.

Just had a nice letter from the lovely people at south tyneside council stating I owe them £60.00 reduced to £30.00 if paid in 28 days.
I did the unthinkable crime of leaving the scotch estate Jarra via Edinburgh road.
Had the council put up a no access sign to all traffic apart from busses I would have understood what it meant. The sign they put up is ambiguous to say the least so I am expecting several more in the coming weeks.
Anyone else on here been caught out
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
You don’t know how to read a sign, plus every fucker in the world knew it was becoming a bus only route.

Blame every fucker but yourself but it’s your fault.

Back