South Tyneside cash cow.

he is expecting a few more though. mind from the stock photo it looks as though he is knacked, but he needs to establish exactly what he can see and when, from a driving position.

However the blue rectangle sign on a normal road are information signs and are not a mandatory instruction.

so there should be a sign at the junction with a mandatory instruction

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._data/file/519129/know-your-traffic-signs.pdf

The rectangle sign is the 1st sign warning of the route and does show the blue circle on it. You can see the actual 2 blue circle signs either side just after the right turn. So basically it's a case of drivers ignoring the blue circle mandatory signs rather than owt else.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
Hebburn is going to be a bloody nightmare shortly, every square inch of land has been bought up and is being built upon. School places are scarce enough as it is and traffic is getting worse, just wait til the estate on Victoria Road West is finished, it's going to be carnage.

The council don’t care though do they. All the more council tax to rake in but no plans to support the huge growth in population

Keep the fuck away from South Tyneside!

I'd rather not if it is all the same to you as I have quite an attachment to the area what with me being born here, raised here, schooled here, live here and all of my family are here.

Hmmm.

Begs the question..Do they want to stop people driving through or raise revenue?

A no entry sign would be 99% more efficient.

Or would people take the piss and drive through?
Both I'd say, if someone knows there is no penalty for doing it then people will just go that way anyway. Of they want to store traffic going that way then they have to be able to back it up with a deterrent. Or just install a rising bollard and give a remote or whatever to the bus company.

I think you should read the full article marra...

I have read the article. If the only difference is you're fine at 20 and not 40 it shows it's clearly been done to meet the lowest of requirements. And that's my gripe. It is purposefully done not to make things safer or improve things but to catch as many out as possible.

Back