South Tyneside cash cow.

I have read the article. If the only difference is you're fine at 20 and not 40 it shows it's clearly been done to meet the lowest of requirements. And that's my gripe. It is purposefully done not to make things safer or improve things but to catch as many out as possible.

which is STC all over

Seen a police car drive through it at the weekend. Just casually driving no blue lights or anything. The "safety" issues must not apply to them.
X5? See that quite often on Scotch/Brock now.
I live off Inverness Road and there’s Quads that are tearing in off the Dene/Burn and I think they’re trying to catch them out.

As far as the “Bus Gate” is concerned I’m over it.

I have read the article. If the only difference is you're fine at 20 and not 40 it shows it's clearly been done to meet the lowest of requirements. And that's my gripe. It is purposefully done not to make things safer or improve things but to catch as many out as possible.
Might want to read it again marra.

The council didn't provide a response to the adjudicator, in other cases they have and the fines have been upheld.

Not a cash cow at all. It's been put there due to the knackers that use the estate as a short cut to bypass the traffic lights.

And if you can't see the 8 foot high BUS LANE that's written on the road then you should not be driving.

The traffic is 100% better since they stopped people using that exit, there was a little girl paralysed due to the old layout of this road.

Not a cash cow at all. It's been put there due to the knackers that use the estate as a short cut to bypass the traffic lights.

And if you can't see the 8 foot high BUS LANE that's written on the road then you should not be driving.

The traffic is 100% better since they stopped people using that exit, there was a little girl paralysed due to the old layout of this road.
Well you’re wrong with your 1st point as it’s been put there as there is no longer a filter lane available off Edinburgh Road, so the traffic would build up ridiculously.
That was caused by the 3 lane extension on the A194.
An example of this was when the roadworks were ongoing and that filter was coned off, nightmare to get out.

Theres also been numerous crashes at the John Reid Road/Perth Avenue junction - which now has increased traffic.

X5? See that quite often on Scotch/Brock now.
I live off Inverness Road and there’s Quads that are tearing in off the Dene/Burn and I think they’re trying to catch them out.

As far as the “Bus Gate” is concerned I’m over it.
Your not far from me then.. yeah i see them too tearing around. no was an astra.

Well you’re wrong with your 1st point as it’s been put there as there is no longer a filter lane available off Edinburgh Road, so the traffic would build up ridiculously.
That was caused by the 3 lane extension on the A194.
An example of this was when the roadworks were ongoing and that filter was coned off, nightmare to get out.

So you shouldn't be driving then. It says BUS GATE, not BUS LANE

Last edited:

Back