South Tyneside Bin Strike

Bin men are working next week but they will be collecting rubbish only.

No recycling pick ups at all next week.

And they are on strike again from 2nd April so no collections that week.

If you can, use the skips this weekend to get rid of recycling

Ignore this ^^^^

Latest instruction is to put both bins out from Tuesday and one of them will be collected

Anyone know if they are working tomorrow with it being bank hol? Still got 2 full bins here not collected again this week. If doesn't get collected tomorrow they are on strike next week. Getting ridiculous this now mind.

Anyone know if they are working tomorrow with it being bank hol? Still got 2 full bins here not collected again this week. If doesn't get collected tomorrow they are on strike next week. Getting ridiculous this now mind.

I’d keep them out but I’d be amazed if they are working tomorrow.

Daft thing is our collection day is today but one was emptied Tuesday.

Their latest notice states they are still collecting tomorrow. I’d chuck your bins out just to be on the safe side!

Their latest notice states they are still collecting tomorrow. I’d chuck your bins out just to be on the safe side!
Cheers mate. Aye both bins have been in the back lane since monday anyhow cos i literally cant get nowt else in. Some tit down the road has done the same but has his lid open cos its so full so of course the seagulls have been at it and there is rubbish everywhere. Some people are f***ing clueless
I’d keep them out but I’d be amazed if they are working tomorrow.

Daft thing is our collection day is today but one was emptied Tuesday.
Mine was due Wednesday but still nowt

Just before Christmas my brother put his bins out and put a carrier bag of rubbish beside it , they emptied one bin and placed the carrier bag back in the bin that had been emptied .

Pettiness of the highest order.

He’s not surprised they have been on strike so long.

My bin men are fabulous, they come by when needed as we have a mobile unit picking up big stuff on the daily.... but our two recycling eurobins have gone missing for a while now. I heard they were stolen for the metal but if that were true they should still have been replaced by now.

The people of South Shields really need to take their grievances to the local government ombudsman.

This will put pressure on all involved to reach a resolution.

Here is the LGO LINK

Aye they are working today. Grey household was emptied this morning. My usual day is a tuesday.

Not emptied again today. Lost track of it now. Think the last collection was 3 weeks ago and now they're on strike again next week. Can't see it being done tomorrow like.

Back