South Tyneside Bin Strike

Mind on another matter, I very rarely drive round Jarrow/Hebburn but jesus some of the roads round there are an absolute disgrace. Literally falling to bits.

So will the residents get a refund for all the weeks they have not had their bins emptied?
Doubt it. I don't know what the legislation is around waste collection but you'll probably find that Councils arent obliged to collect waste directly from individual properties.

Id suggest people get used to it cos we'll move to central waste collection points in estates, villages, towns eventually where it's up to the residents to take their own waste to a central collection place....and if you want it picked up from your door it'll be at an additional cost.

Doubt it. I don't know what the legislation is around waste collection but you'll probably find that Councils arent obliged to collect waste directly from individual properties.

Id suggest people get used to it cos we'll move to central waste collection points in estates, villages, towns eventually where it's up to the residents to take their own waste to a central collection place....and if you want it picked up from your door it'll be at an additional cost.
What an absolute disgrace. The inability of both sides to reach a settlement shows a lack of care for their customers and a lack of professionalism.

Tory britain

Back