Snes Super Nintendo classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to pre-order one from Amazon when they were announced. Got the one released not long ago but haven't played it much. This one has Mario Kart so well worth it :cool:

Keep an eye on Amazon if you want one, they have reduced orders that have mulitple minis on order to one per customer so should put preorders back up..

Last edited:
Cheers mate.

It will be hacked and then id have a snes with every game for 80 quid.
Was reading up on the NES one last night and hoping the same happens here.

Cheers mate.

It will be hacked and then id have a snes with every game for 80 quid.
have you seen what they have achieved with the NES? Theyve managed to install retroarch on it and it can now emulate other consoles.

Really hoping to get all my SNES games on this new mini device!

Last edited:
Nice idea these retro consoles, but for the money as said earlier get a pi 3 and 32/ 64/ 128gb memory card, source an image and away you go with every SNES, NES, Mega drive game released along with Neo Geo and a ton of arcade games and a load more. Plenty of images around with box art and video previews for each game.

Will eventually make a bartop cabinet for mine and hook up joysticks etc just like an arcade Machine.

Think I'll just stick to the SNES roms on my tablet, basically because it does the same job but it's free...

Anyone used a usb or bluetooth SNES controller? And are they any good? Hooked up my PS4 controller but it's unbearably laggy.

Last edited:
Think I'll just stick to the SNES roms on my tablet, basically because it does the same job but it's free...

Anyone used a usb or bluetooth SNES controller? And are they any good? Hooked up my PS4 controller but it's unbearably laggy.

That's the wonders of emulation

8 bit do are meant to be good, not sure as I haven't used them myself, just stick to Xbox 360 wired controller on my pi and no lag at all.

Nice idea these retro consoles, but for the money as said earlier get a pi 3 and 32/ 64/ 128gb memory card, source an image and away you go with every SNES, NES, Mega drive game released along with Neo Geo and a ton of arcade games and a load more. Plenty of images around with box art and video previews for each game.

Will eventually make a bartop cabinet for mine and hook up joysticks etc just like an arcade Machine.

How easy is it to setup though? If someone posted a step by step instruction guide advising what to buy and where it would be a massive help.

I've got s buffalo SNES pad. Wired and cost about £15 off amazon. It's topper. Not far off the real thing!

How easy is it to setup though? If someone posted a step by step instruction guide advising what to buy and where it would be a massive help.
Google emulationstation. Step by step instructions on there.

If you get an image then all you really need to do is configure your controller which is easy.
Will drop some links on here when on pc as linking on phone is a pain. In the meantime check out arcadepunks for images. I got a 128gb image from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back