Snes Super Nintendo classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomly found a gamecube av cable in a box of crap at work of all places so "borrowed" it last night and hooked my SNES back up to my telly.

Was class playing Street fighter 2 and super mario world again!!

On the classic version can you use cartridges or can you only play the pre loaded games? It looks as if there's a slot for the cartridge.

On the classic version can you use cartridges or can you only play the pre loaded games? It looks as if there's a slot for the cartridge.
Just pre loaded games. I think it's a tiny little thing that fits into the palm of your hand, cartridge slot is just for show

How did that work then?
done via USB. Essentially the NES and SNES are emulators so once you have access to the system you can add ROMs downloaded from the net onto the device - theres videos doing the rounds on youtube on how to do it. Was quite dicey early on and capable of bricking the machine - newer versions of the software are available now that wont brick it - just cant remember the name of the program

done via USB. Essentially the NES and SNES are emulators so once you have access to the system you can add ROMs downloaded from the net onto the device - theres videos doing the rounds on youtube on how to do it. Was quite dicey early on and capable of bricking the machine - newer versions of the software are available now that wont brick it - just cant remember the name of the program

Will it include nes games do you think?

Will it include nes games do you think?
Well the classic NES currently can play SNES and mega drive games (via retroarch running on the NES. )

I'd guess the SNES is probably similar hardware wise but just s different case on it. If so then the hacks will work.

I know there are cheaper ways to play retro games but I pre-ordered one of these. Ordered from Game though so have a feeling I might still miss out.

I know there are cheaper ways to play retro games but I pre-ordered one of these. Ordered from Game though so have a feeling I might still miss out.

Game are decent for Pre orders. As much as people slate them they are still a massive company for a games retailer. As the super markets seem to have lost interest in video games some what

Game are decent for Pre orders. As much as people slate them they are still a massive company for a games retailer. As the super markets seem to have lost interest in video games some what
Fingers crossed. Been a while since I pre-ordered anything that was high demand.

You may not get it in the first batch on release day, but they know how much stock they have coming, so it will arrive eventually. Nintendo seem to favour Game, so they're more likely than others to get the stock. I wouldn't worry about it.

You may not get it in the first batch on release day, but they know how much stock they have coming, so it will arrive eventually. Nintendo seem to favour Game, so they're more likely than others to get the stock. I wouldn't worry about it.

Fingers crossed. It will be a novelty item that won't get much use but a nice thing to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back