Smokers

I'm a heavy smoker, I've smoked for 26 years. Everything you say is true its fucked my body up and I have a smokers cough and all the other horrible things that people get from smoking. Its not good like but my brain keeps making me do it.
Surely if you wanted to you could just rip your current pack up to shreds and walk away from it right now?

Others have done it so it’s possible. Just depends how much you want to. Good luck with it - hope you quit.

I wish smoking never existed. Started as a teenager and had to stop aged 24 as I was having serious breathing problems. Went to the doctors and failed a lung function test then found out I had a lung condition called alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency.

I’d give both my balls to go back to the day I started and not do it.

I don't understand these 'social smokers' who think because they only smoke on a weekend or on holiday they are not putting their health at risk.

I don't understand these 'social smokers' who think because they only smoke on a weekend or on holiday they are not putting their health at risk.
I don’t understand why it’s a “social” thing when they leave their mates to go outside on their own and half to make small yak with strangers instead of “Bantz with the lads” or whatever the cool kids say these days.

As a smoker of ten years, and quitter for 4 years, all I can say is I wish I had never started.

But as far as selfish? Na no more selfish than vapers, people who spit, shout on phones, swear consistently, etc.

Its a minging, bad habit of which there are many which annoy people.

Drinking makes me feel good, so it is good for me.
It's also a social thing. People tend to drink when relaxing, with friends at the pub, over a meal, enjoying music, sport and so on. It's primarily a shared activity.

In contrast, smokers are doing it in any 10 minutes they can fit one in, doing housework, walking home from the shops, waiting for a bus, also in the office where I started work. You could also even smoke on the tube in the 1980s, there was always a carriage set aside for it. I never saw a bar on a tube train. So it's primarily to satisfy a personal craving, although they will tell you it's a vital part of their social life.

We’re also very aware drinking is a crackers thing to do, health wise, yet we all do it. Most of us anyway.
It's not, there is no comparison between drinking moderately and smoking, not even close.

I always find it strange though how smokers are vilified yet most people drink alcohol which causes no end of health issues and crime, fighting etc etc. No one calls for that to be banned?
Well it has been tried, but the 18th amendment didn't work out too well.

There are certainly calls for its restriction, which is more realistic.

Totally agree with this however, can you say you eat all your food organically?? As this seems to be on a par for causing cancer[/QUOTE]
You cannot be serious!?!!?? :eek:

Don't swallow everything the soil association tells you, it's not evidence based.

Last edited:

Back