Smokers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As more facts come out about alcohol and tobacco you can see why both industries spend a fortune on promoting their products and to hell with public health. There is a lot of money to be made.

Love a terb when I’m pissed like. Couldn’t smoke one sober though. Used to get through 20 a day when I was in my teens/ nearly twenties, I honestly think I’d be sick if I tried to smoke one sober these days.

With vaping a good gateway to quitting it will be none existent in a couple of generations.

At which point the lost tax will need to be sought elsewhere.

Same as taxing petrol and diesel cars to move to electric.

But it would only be banned in this country so pretty easy for criminal gangs to get hold of and sell. Drugs are illegal but absolutely rife more than ever I would say, banning smoking won’t prevent it. It will just lose millions in tax and line the pockets of the underworld.

I always find it strange though how smokers are vilified yet most people drink alcohol which causes no end of health issues and crime, fighting etc etc. No one calls for that to be banned?

It's not strange at all though is it. It takes folks minds off the real world, sedates & fills up time and therefore causes less problems for the 'cabal' and generates lots of money for them at the same time. They are not bothered about people fighting or commiting crime amongst themselves.

People will still smoke joints

There appears to be a new gadget now, similar concept to the vaping from what I can tell i.e. no tobacco involved. Some bloke had one in a beer garden I was at last summer. I did try quizzing him about it but couldn't get much sense out of him :)

Last edited:
I’m lucky that barely any of my mates smoke. On the rare occasion that there’s a smoker with us on a night out, the only way we would keep them company for their fag is if it’s a scorcher and we are all in the beer garden.
There's a few smokers/ vapers in the group we go round the village in so invariably we sit in the pub gardens, but most of them have loads of patio heaters in so it's no big deal for us and keeps everyone together rather than a few going AWOL every 30 minutes
I've lived through the smoking in pubs thing so personally smokers have never really bothered me as long as it isn't getting blown straight in my face.
If we go into the city they just smoke between pubs so not really an issue

There appears to be a new gadget now, similar concept to the vaping from what I can tell i.e. no tobacco involved. Some bloke had one in a beer garden I was at last summer. I did try quizzing him about it but couldn't get much sense out of him :)

Vaporiser probably. Better than the vape carts imo.

1 word, cancer.

My brother in laws Mam was rushed into hospital yesterday. She found out she had lung cancer about a month ago, already having breathing difficulties, doesn't look good for her. At least she's had a half decent innings unlike my aunt who died in her 40's from lung cancer.

I honestly can't fathom why anyone would smoke when that timebomb is ticking in the background. A total mugs game.

There are absolutely no benefits, you stink, so does your breath, it costs a fortune and it's killing you!
I'm a heavy smoker, I've smoked for 26 years. Everything you say is true its fucked my body up and I have a smokers cough and all the other horrible things that people get from smoking. Its not good like but my brain keeps making me do it.

I'm a heavy smoker, I've smoked for 26 years. Everything you say is true its fucked my body up and I have a smokers cough and all the other horrible things that people get from smoking. Its not good like but my brain keeps making me do it.

Have you not tried vaping mate ? Healthier & will save you a load of money.

I had a check up recently , wasn't good , cutting down on the booze , changing my diet , and get back to the gym

There's a proper man clinic available now through the NHS..i sorted it through my GP..weight..cholesterol..body mass index..i learnt enough through that to change my ways..also because i'm over 50 got my Prostate checked which i'd recommend anyone round the 50 mark to do..getting back in the gym has been great like.

I had a full health check about 2 years ago my results were healthy I did ask them to double check.

There's a proper man clinic available now through the NHS..i sorted it through my GP..weight..cholesterol..body mass index..i learnt enough through that to change my ways..also because i'm over 50 got my Prostate checked which i'd recommend anyone round the 50 mark to do..getting back in the gym has been great like.
Big reduction on bacon for me , lot more fruit and veg and big reduction of alcohol, and back to the gym , no excuse for me it's 2 minutes away , pure laziness

Hardly anyone young smokes nowadays , there will be similar scandal with these vapors in 10 years or so

The only problem I have with smokers, is this unofficial right to have a cigarette break. I have worked at places where we all got paid the same and had the same time for a break or for lunch, and still the smokers would find a manager who smoked who would let them pop out "when it was quiet". The smoking shelter was a 5minute walk from the office, so there was at least 10mins off work while us non-smokers carried on regardless.

The only problem I have with smokers, is this unofficial right to have a cigarette break. I have worked at places where we all got paid the same and had the same time for a break or for lunch, and still the smokers would find a manager who smoked who would let them pop out "when it was quiet". The smoking shelter was a 5minute walk from the office, so there was at least 10mins off work while us non-smokers carried on regardless.
every smoker clocks out for a tab marra

Smokers are people too remember
yeah I'm a people too marra

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back