SMB Photo Competition -January Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMB Photo Competition Round 1: Food For Thought - Discussion Thread

Have to say the theme ain't inspired me as of yet...but that might just be me! :lol:

Not reckon a Winter theme might be better? ;)

Can't think of owt yet either. I was joking about making Rodin's The Thinker out of meat, but I'm coming around to the idea now...

I've had a few ideas but haven't shot anything yet. Going to make it my mission for the weekend I think. It may involve snow if I have to shoot outside.:confused:

Not been funny mate but this could be more trouble than it's worth for the OP if he listened to every bit of feedback or comments made. The rules are up, let the games begin :lol:

Some of us have experience in setting photo comps.;)
Looks like I have a point, not getting off to a good start!

As far as I see, the less people who can interpret the theme, the less people enter, the more chance of those entries winning.

Food or thought, or both. Or even just a thought provoking image. Can't be that difficult can it?

People are getting too hung up on this

As far as I see, the less people who can interpret the theme, the less people enter, the more chance of those entries winning.

Food or thought, or both. Or even just a thought provoking image. Can't be that difficult can it?

People are getting too hung up on this

Agreed. On another site I use, we used the same theme and got over 100 thought provoking images, (the most of the year). I didn't expect quite the same level of response on here of course but it's not a difficult theme IMHO.

All I am saying is that for beginners the topic is putting them off, seen it all before in Camera Clubs, they need easing in, let them enter whatever they think is their best effort up till now, then us more experienced can help them along the way.

All I am saying is that for beginners the topic is putting them off, seen it all before in Camera Clubs, they need easing in, let them enter whatever they think is their best effort up till now, then us more experienced can help them along the way.
Bit patronising isn't it?

Im a novice, I put a picture in and it was deleted. You can fuck off you snobby David Bailey wannabees.

Provided it isn't fixed Andy M will win it, his photography is astonishing.

Gan on Andy snow these photographic snobs who's boss ;)
I don't mind who wins, and a competition is not only about the best technical quality is it, it will also be about interpretation of the theme. We all get to vote don't we? I just felt the poster was being patronizing by saying novices couldn't cope with the theme. I'm a novice, and will be entering for fun, if I get one vote in the whole 12 months I will be happy, but I don't want to be told I can't cope!

I don't mind who wins, and a competition is not only about the best technical quality is it, it will also be about interpretation of the theme. We all get to vote don't we? I just felt the poster was being patronizing by saying novices couldn't cope with the theme. I'm a novice, and will be entering for fun, if I get one vote in the whole 12 months I will be happy, but I don't want to be told I can't cope!

Not being patronising, I was competition secretary for a few years in a Camera club, every year when we had the infux of new members mostly beginners, nothing put them off more than themes that for them proved difficult.This project started out with a lot of interest from the members, now unless I am wrong, interest seems to have waned, this months theme seems to be geared to the more advanced snapper, involving setting up props/lighting etc, much better to just go out and shoot a pic of anything to get the project off to a good start.

this is a great idea, I've got a digital camera but no idea on how to use it bar the point and click be interesting to see how people come up with the ideas for their photos, I must admit I've pondered this for 5 mins and am stuck though

The theme is quite a good leveller imo.

The interpretation could be more important than technical skill

so I can spread me missus legs, smear her muff in peanut butter then photo me muff diving here will win yeah?

so I can spread me missus legs, smear her muff in peanut butter then photo me muff diving here will win yeah?

Gets my Vote.

Not being patronising, I was competition secretary for a few years in a Camera club, every year when we had the infux of new members mostly beginners, nothing put them off more than themes that for them proved difficult.This project started out with a lot of interest from the members, now unless I am wrong, interest seems to have waned, this months theme seems to be geared to the more advanced snapper, involving setting up props/lighting etc, much better to just go out and shoot a pic of anything to get the project off to a good start.

It isn't supposed to be - just a thought provoking image.

I like that Spav. It's ... different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back