SMB Photo Competition -January Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMB Photo Competition Round 1: Food For Thought - Discussion Thread

Steve, which part of only one image on the topic of "Food for thought" didn't you get?

Nice pics but please post again with only one pic on the subject.

You might want to put those pictures in this thread.

I did it a couple of weeks ago and posted it one here. :-( I'm not eating Red Leicester again, it's shite. I didn't even expect to win ffs! :lol:

Aye ya cheating kernt, I never forget a photo.

Steve, which part of only one image on the topic of "Food for thought" didn't you get?

Nice pics but please post again with only one pic on the subject.

You might want to put those pictures in this thread.

I'm thinking you might a have full time job on here ;)

Not that I want to throw a spanner in the works or shall we say a chip in the bacon cup (I'll get me coat) but....

We don't seem to be getting past the first word in the topic which is food.

Yet, I've never heard the expression "Food for thought" used in connection with anything that could be eaten......

Not that I want to throw a spanner in the works or shall we say a chip in the bacon cup (I'll get me coat) but....

Yet, I've never heard the expression "Food for thought" used in connection with anything that could be eaten......

Indeed, although we've had no entries yet and I'm hoping people are having a think about what the topic might mean.

But this is the SMB of course

I'm up for a bit of this, have we had any entries yet?

Edit: oops, I see we haven't.

Yep, I'd say the theme could be interpreted in any relevant way by the photographer.

A clever interpretation could lead to a very different and winning shot.

A cornfield could be food (perhaps not in January I guess) an expression on a face could be thought.

Or forget that and come up with your own interpretation

Indeed, although we've had no entries yet and I'm hoping people are having a think about what the topic might mean.

But this is the SMB of course

1st round,a lot of people new to this, perhaps you should of made it "Open"to start it off, any subject (within reason).

Anyone shot anything for this yet?

I set up my lightbox in my home studio last night and shot a geophysics textbook with a glass of beer - along the lines of brain food - but I'm not sure I'm going to use it.

There's an ex serviceman round here begging, I may try photographing him and see which one I'm happiest with.

When we enter a Picture is that the one we have to stick with?
I mean what if someone shoud get some inspiration and take a class picture, can it be swopped?

Also, any of you photo buffs use a digital picture frame ? and if so can you reccomend me where to buy and what type.
It's part of the wifes Xmas box.

When we enter a Picture is that the one we have to stick with?
I mean what if someone shoud get some inspiration and take a class picture, can it be swopped?

Also, any of you photo buffs use a digital picture frame ? and if so can you reccomend me where to buy and what type.
It's part of the wifes Xmas box.

The way the boards are set up you only get 5 minutes to edit a thread after you post it but I can't see a problem with the odd PM to me asking to delete a post so it can be replaced - I think we should limit it to one deletion per round per poster though.

I use a Kodak digital frame and it's great, the colours are good and it's bright enough - I did buy another brand for my office as it was cheap, but it only lasted 5 minutes. Kodak frames are available all over the place.

The way the boards are set up you only get 5 minutes to edit a thread after you post it but I can't see a problem with the odd PM to me asking to delete a post so it can be replaced - I think we should limit it to one deletion per round per poster though.

I use a Kodak digital frame and it's great, the colours are good and it's bright enough - I did buy another brand for my office as it was cheap, but it only lasted 5 minutes. Kodak frames are available all over the place.

Thanks will have a look about.

Ended up buying this for £45 which seems a good price to me compared to whats out there:
http://www.jessops.com/online.store... 10.4 Hi-Resolution 2GB Frame-76623/Show.html
And been as its jessops if it packs up I can just take it to the town.
Kodak ones do look nice mind but double the price for smaller!

1st round,a lot of people new to this, perhaps you should of made it "Open"to start it off, any subject (within reason).
Not been funny mate but this could be more trouble than it's worth for the OP if he listened to every bit of feedback or comments made. The rules are up, let the games begin :lol:

Have to say the theme ain't inspired me as of yet...but that might just be me! :lol:

Not reckon a Winter theme might be better? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back