SMB Photo Competition -January Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: SMB Photo Competition Round 1: Food For Thought - Discussion Thread

I'm just wondering if he straightened those hoops out individually to get the text...

I'm just wondering if he straightened those hoops out individually to get the text...

Two different cans of spaghetti were used. Hooped, and standard. The alphabetti variety was simply not available.

I could get used to this 'working' from home carry on.

How tiger can you ask roger if we can have a photography section?
I am sure it would be popular....

We used to have one, a long time ago. It was popular then, I think we lost it when we changed the software.

Re: SMB Photo Competition -Discussion Thread +++rules changed+++

Im hoping to bring my pc in for repair this week as it crashed. I reaaly hope it's fixed in time for me to enter this comp. I'm looking forward to it.

Rules relaxed a bit:

The photo need not have been taken specifically for the competition.
Shame! I know it may not be possible to tell when a photo was taken, but now people can raid their albums for a photo to fit the theme rather than take a photo but hey ho. :)

Hey Paddy, I'm not sure you are in yet, send me the original to prove you took it.
;)

Me? It's on my crashed pc. I know which one I want to use and all. My son is in it. Literally actually as you will see :)

I just entered. Vomalicious. :eek:

Shame! I know it may not be possible to tell when a photo was taken, but now people can raid their albums for a photo to fit the theme rather than take a photo but hey ho. :)

Meh, if it helps get the ball rolling I'm not too fussed.

I just entered. Vomalicious. :eek:

Yo blood, that's sick, ugetme?

Meh, if it helps get the ball rolling I'm not too fussed.

That was the point really. It's preferable to have the shots taken especially for the competition but for this month at least I thought it was preferable to ease people into it.

The rules may change back sometime int he future depending on how it takes off.

This is a competition for ALL members to enter, regardless of skill, technique, knowledge, or camera.

Image specifications :
Images must be no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. An additional link to the full size picture (eg on Flickr) can be included.

A question. I have grown up with a film camera that I still use, on the very rare occasion I have used a digital camera I have just used point and shoot mode ie just taken a picture. I was actually having a play with the camera I shall probably use for this competition, but (see bold above), how do I ensure this? Do I set the camera to 640 x 480 ?? Would 1600 x 1200 be too big ? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back