SMB Photo Competition -January Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMB Photo Competition -Discussion Thread +++rules changed+++

A question. I have grown up with a film camera that I still use, on the very rare occasion I have used a digital camera I have just used point and shoot mode ie just taken a picture. I was actually having a play with the camera I shall probably use for this competition, but (see bold above), how do I ensure this? Do I set the camera to 640 x 480 ?? Would 1600 x 1200 be too big ? Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Actually it doesn't matter as the board software will resize it if it's too big.

Just shoot away.

I finally got around to shooting something, I hope the link to the full size picture works.

Suspense is killing me.

Just hoyed my entry up. I'm glad that's out of the way. A tricky subject to get us going this month.

Logon or register to see this image

I didn't mean it to be quite so tricky but there are some fantastic entries so far.

Seconded.

Anyway, I reckon it's good to have a subject that is a bit of a challenge.

We have a book in common by the way.
:-D

:lol: Which one? I'm guessing it's not Reading Practices with Deaf Learners! I'm guessing the Neil Young one.

Testing uploading.

Logon or register to see this image
[/IMG]

Great it worked

Yeah i was testing it downloaded ok first..

Didn't want to knack the comp thread up :oops::lol:

Last edited:

I took it on a glassed top coffee table,

I don't have photoshop yet. my pc has gone a bollock so i can only use my netbook at the moment.I think photoshop would run far to slow on this if at all.

Is that a real reflective surface or Photoshopping?

I would like to see what it could look like after it has been photoshopped. Feel free to have a play with it so i can see the benefit or i would welcome any advice / tips for future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back