Slow Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that Metro Centre road not a 50mph limit?
Some proper sad radgies on this thread like :lol:
Must be a nightmare for kids learning these days .Cant imagine too many on this thread would be happy " stuck " behind them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A motorist has been fined for hogging the middle lane of a motorway, days after it was revealed that the number of casualties in road accidents caused by slow drivers had increased.

A motorist has been fined for hogging the middle lane of a motorway, days after it was revealed that the number of casualties in road accidents caused by slow drivers had increased.

Maybe classed as racist but the number of asians that religiously wont budge from the centre of the a1 is huge.

An older lady was doing 35mph in the middle lane of the A1 yesterday. That's just a massive hazard.

The bit of the A1 from Team Valley to Metrocentre is mad. It's amazing the number of people who don't move left when the road widens and continue to tootle along in the middle lane.
I drive that section everyday now.

I've got a tracker in my van and if break the speed limit by 1mph it records it and my gaffa gets a report at the end of the week. Its dreadful, I do about 400 mile around the north east every week, its genuinely difficult to not break the speed limit slightly. Drives me insane and must get other drivers radged. Some roads there is just no need to be 30mph and theres loads round country Durham and Northumberland where it goes to 30 through a village but never indicates when the 30 zone ends
The 30 zone ends when the speed limit changes. Always assume it's 30 until you know otherwise. I bet if you think about that last sentence you might see it was a tad silly thing to type! ?

This. Hgv drivers get to 60-65mph and will stick to that for fuel economy. These fuckers who crawl along at 50 when the road isn’t busy should be hammered just as much as the cûnts who drive at 80 when the road is busy.
also, on ‘normal roads’ the rise of insurance black boxes is noticeable. It’d drive me mad - pun intended- if I had to stick to the speed limit in some areas.

Thought all hgv’s are restricted to 53 or 56mph

I didn't know that would constitute an offence. Mind you, my mam got a fine off the Dallas police for not completing a lane change. I didn't know that was a thing either.

I generally drive at 60 on the A19 and roads like it.
It gives me 10 mph to play with for overtaking vehicles going a bit slower than that.
It works well for me.

Driving standards are unquestionably worsening, even the A690 I’m seeing all kinds of near misses nowadays, hardly seeing the camera vans around so you’ve got some folk adhering to the 50mph speed limit and then others tearing off at much more than that, I’ve never been a lover of driving but I’m really starting to hate it nowadays.
Well I no longer drive in the UK. Bad manners and bad tempers. Mind I think you are explaining why.

Even the French are far better at tucking back in after overtaking on an Autoroute or dual.
The Gendarmes might have something to do with that. Waiting at the next page, fine pad in hand.

From the posts on this thread, I think I've come to the conclusion that people, in general, are morons. I include myself in that. I'm sure I've unknowingly pissed off a few road users in my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back