Slow Drivers

No arsed. I've passed and I'm a good driver so all's good.
So you're not bothered that you do something that would lead you to fail a driving test because 'you're a good driver'.
Isn't that a bit like saying 'Everybody thinks I'm arrogant, but they're wrong and their opinions don't matter anyway' ;)

So you're not bothered that you do something that would lead you to fail a driving test because 'you're a good driver'.
Isn't that a bit like saying 'Everybody thinks I'm arrogant, but they're wrong and their opinions don't matter anyway' ;)
No not really. As stated I drive slow on like a sun morn when there's no cars around. It's doing no one any harm.

I like winding tailgaters up. Nothing better than seeing the rage on their pathetic faces. Sometimes if you time it right you can go creep through the traffic lights on amber so the tailgater has to stop because it’s changed to red.

I just go past people if they're going really slow. Sometimes I'll take the bairn out if he's not falling asleep in bed, then I'll do a 55mph cruise up and down the A19.

I just go past people if they're going really slow. Sometimes I'll take the bairn out if he's not falling asleep in bed, then I'll do a 55mph cruise up and down the A19.
Going to be hell on about this mate. I've been told I need to re-sit my test cause on a quiet road I like to cruise at 60 in a 70.

It's the ones doing 50 to 55 on the A19 on some sort of economy drive that do it for me, especially when a lorry is trying to overtake them.
You can just imagine them telling anyone that will listen that they achieved 46mpg on the way to work and saved £1,14
Yes but you caused one accident, 64 cases of raised blood pressure and a heart attack!
This. Hgv drivers get to 60-65mph and will stick to that for fuel economy. These fuckers who crawl along at 50 when the road isn’t busy should be hammered just as much as the cûnts who drive at 80 when the road is busy.
also, on ‘normal roads’ the rise of insurance black boxes is noticeable. It’d drive me mad - pun intended- if I had to stick to the speed limit in some areas.

Used use the A19 to get to work and back, the amount of times a car would join and shoot straight to the outside lane , only for me to undertake them and the rest of the outside lane hoggers, as apart from the odd HGV in the inside lane was usually empty. Cannot see why they have to be in the outside lane when there is no need, also the mad sods who chop and change lanes in traffic jams.

HGV's don't stick to 60-65mph for economy, the speed limit is 60mph for HGV's on motorways and dual carriageways and their livelihoods are at stake if they are caught speeding.

Fast drivers piss me off much much more. Some tit overtook me last week through Cleadon village and i was doing 30/35.

There are far more dangerously fast drivers about than dangerously slow.

Used use the A19 to get to work and back, the amount of times a car would join and shoot straight to the outside lane , only for me to undertake them and the rest of the outside lane hoggers, as apart from the odd HGV in the inside lane was usually empty. Cannot see why they have to be in the outside lane when there is no need, also the mad sods who chop and change lanes in traffic jams.
Oh dear :oops:

Are my biggest gripe on the roads, see more and more on a daily basis. Today on the way to Durham, a woman doing 30 in a 60 zone, what the fuck are they playing at man?!
I agree, totally. However, our lass only passed her test a few weeks ago and is still a bit cautious when she's got the bairn in the car. She's only driving a 1.4 Citroen C2 mind so people don't expect her to be banging along.

I regularly drive along a road that starts at 30, increases to 40, then up again to 60 before dropping to 30 again. I rarely get over 30 along the whole stretch. The final part where it drops to 30 is a place where the cameravan sits and i think tnat scares drivers into doing under 30 the whole length.
My pet hate is drivers trying to join a dual carriageway at 40 mph or so. Get up to at least 60 on the slip road you're a menace trying to join fast traffic at that speed..

I agree, totally. However, our lass only passed her test a few weeks ago and is still a bit cautious when she's got the bairn in the car. She's only driving a 1.4 Citroen C2 mind so people don't expect her to be banging along.

Bloody hell a woman not bombing along at 100MPH, there's a first.

An older lady was doing 35mph in the middle lane of the A1 yesterday. That's just a massive hazard.

The bit of the A1 from Team Valley to Metrocentre is mad. It's amazing the number of people who don't move left when the road widens and continue to tootle along in the middle lane.
My missus actually got onto me yesterday for doing exactly that when we were on our way to the Metrocentre.

"Why are you moving into the left-hand lane?"

"Because that's what you're supposed to do."

"Oh? I always stay in the middle lane."

And she wonders why I don't like being in the car when she's driving.

Back