Slow Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

get on the a19 when it's busy, slot in behind a wagon, set the cruise to match his speed, enjoy the drive and a lot of the time you'll end up going quicker than the outside lane without all the stress.

And in this weather, get your car plastered in all sorts of shit flying off its back wheels.

a lot of the time you'll end up going quicker than the outside lane without all the stress.

You'll not.

Gave my car back and have been cycling to the metro station for work, I realised just how miserable and angry driving had been making me!

End up getting pissed off at the littlest things. Not good!

And in this weather, get your car plastered in all sorts of shit flying off its back wheels.
If you're worried about your car getting dirty you might as well keep it in the garage.

Load of mud splattered up the side of mine, I quite like it.

Get this shit every day into work in the morning past Penshaw. Twats driving 30mph all the way along when its national speed limit. They then put their foot down and do 60-70 on the last bit where it opens up so cars can pass them, f***ing unbelievable.. You get them doing the same thing in reverse the opposite way too - blast along at 60-70 on the overtaking bit and then when everyone is behind them they slow down to a crawl all the rest of the way along..

Had some dick in a BMW earlier last week slamming his breaks on in front of me as I drove towards the houghton roundabout thingy. He was doing 40-50 and I wasn't even up his arse I had plenty of space between us, absolutely bizzare - could see him staring in his rear view mirror looking annoyed for whatever reason. Wish I'd had a dash cam would have sent it to the police. Had a trail of cars behind him who all had to brake hard because he was doing this shit to try and be clever.

I agree, totally. However, our lass only passed her test a few weeks ago and is still a bit cautious when she's got the bairn in the car. She's only driving a 1.4 Citroen C2 mind so people don't expect her to be banging along.

That's what the blue L (or is it P?) plates are for, so drivers understand its a new driver. I don't mind that at all and I always give learner drivers the run of the road even if it means slowing right down to a crawl and giving them a couple of car spaces between us.

I like driving slowly. Not to the extremes in the OP but 23 in a 30, 35 in a 40, 60 on the A19 etc. I can do fast no problem if needed but as I'm getting older (39), I've mellowed loads in my life and just go about stuff at a steady pace.
Same. Tend to find that with traffic, lights etc that I can do the same journey in the same time (over very close to) anyway.

And people driving deliberately slowly to annoy those behind them aren’t driving selfishly?
But surely they 'ask for it' if they're driving too close and trying to pressurise folk into going faster.
Why not just drive the same speed as everyone else. You know, the speed limit
Why should he - just cos people are impatient?
The speed limit is the MAXIMUM speed , not the speed you HAVE to go, constantly.
It should be taken almost as seriously as driving too fast and be legislated against in my opinion. You get some absolute bell ends driving at a ridiculously slow speed. It winds other drivers up and encourages them to try sometimes dicey overtaking
But surely if someone gets that wound up on the roads then it's THEM that shouldn't be driving.

Last edited:
But surely they 'ask for it' if they're driving too close and trying to pressurise folk into going faster.

Why should he - just cos people are impatient?
The speed limit is the MAXIMUM speed , not the speed you HAVE to go, constantly.

But surely if someone gets that wound up on the roads then it's THEM that shouldn't be driving.

Not sure on your logic mate, if i come up to you and start flicking your nose until you snap and punch me, is that not my fault for winding you up?

Not sure on your logic mate, if i come up to you and start flicking your nose until you snap and punch me, is that not my fault for winding you up?
Bit different mate - that's a physical assault, then a retaliation..
What i'm saying is that if you're that impatient and easily wound up by someone who dares to drive differently to you, then it's surely YOU that has the problem and shouldn't be on the roads.
Yes. people who drive really slowly (in a 'no-overtaking' stretch ) are irritating , but surely it's not worth getting overly aerated about?
Better to get there late than not get there at all.

Bit different mate - that's a physical assault, then a retaliation..
What i'm saying is that if you're that impatient and easily wound up by someone who dares to drive differently to you, then it's surely YOU that has the problem and shouldn't be on the roads.
Yes. people who drive really slowly (in a 'no-overtaking' stretch ) are irritating , but surely it's not worth getting overly aerated about?
Better to get there late than not get there at all.
Or leave earlier.

90% of drivers have no idea what the speed limit is on most roads.

I did a Speed Awareness Course a couple of years ago and most attendees must never have read, let alone understood the Highway Code.

Why not just drive the same speed as everyone else. You know, the speed limit

Are my biggest gripe on the roads, see more and more on a daily basis. Today on the way to Durham, a woman doing 30 in a 60 zone, what the fuck are they playing at man?!
You are me every day. Crook - Washy nightmare journey you get the lot. The merge in turn lane by Durham Hospital is a daily hoot, ALWAYS you get someone who doesn't want to play fair....and the last countless times it's an older woman in a banged out little car lol. I got shown the V's twice last week by grannies :) And then......the nice big road into Durham where you find the little hottie in the mini who refuses to drive above 50 or pull over. And then......I'm sure the drivers get frigging older the closer to Crook they are, on the Brancepeth drag-strip...the ones that drive at 40 and continue to hammer it at the same speed through Brancepeth lol. AAAArrrrggghhhHHHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back