Sleep Paralysis

That's not the worst of it always. Sonetimes you see things. I've only had it once but i saw a black demon crawl up my bedspread up to my face before I was in control of my body.

Theres a worldwide phenomena of people with it waking up and seeing something sitting on their chest, like a small man or goblin.

Sleeping on your side is meant to make it more or less impossible to experience though, they reckon it's something to do with being on your back f***ing up your REM cycle

I had it once where something was chewing my hand....weird as fuck

Had it yrs ago for a couple month, found that if i tried to turn my head as hard as i could my head and neck would shake violently and i would then wake up, horrible but it worked

Never experienced it until I was at uni in my first year and have had it fairly frequently since then, happened even more regularly when I was taking mirtazapene which ironically helps you sleep. Always worse after a nap or when you doze after just waking up.

I have no idea if I've imagined it or not but despite most of the time it being grim as fuck and feeling like you're fighting to get out, I feel like I'm sure that sometimes I've realised what's happening and being able to relax because I know it will end shortly. Don't know if that's a thing I've made up or something that can actually happen.

Trying to explain sleep paralysis to someone who's never had it (or has and doesn't remember/realise because they thought it was a dream and forgot about it) is always fun because it just sounds like a load of made up shite.

No you definitely haven’t made that up, after the first couple of times I had it my brain seemed to have trained itself to realise when it was happening and quickly snap me out of it by staying calm and not panicking. The first times when I used to get it seemed to be in the morning, but later on when I got it it used to be when I was first nodding off and as I say my brain seemed to know what was going on by this time and would let me snap out of it just as I was falling into it. The human mind is fascinating and mental.

Apologies if there's already threads on this, but anyone had it?

Probably occurred to me about 3-4 times in my life and it's been terrifying each time, you sort of go in a mental battle with your body to wake itself up, very weird.
Not had that as such but I've woke up a few times with cramp in my calf. Hurts like a bugger. No idea what brings it on

I used to dream i was trying to walk home from seaburn and i would always get a street or 2 from home then next thing im back at seaburn starting again, hated them dreams

An often quoted reoccurring dream is the one where you are about to take an exam and you haven’t revised for it.

The actual exam was several years ago and you passed.
Not had that as such but I've woke up a few times with cramp in my calf. Hurts like a bugger. No idea what brings it on

Give it some fresh milk mate .

happened once about 6 months ago and was one of the worst things I've ever experienced until i snapped out of it

couldn't move and was literally staring at what appeared to be a hooded figure at the end of the bed. worst thing was trying to react and just being absolutely paralyzed

took about what was probably a minute or so to reason with myself it wasn't real but felt like a lifetime in the moment

Only thing I’ve ever had is where you drop off and have a dream that you’re on a bike or walking on the pavement then, in the dream, you fall off and suddenly wake up. I usually find only been asleep for 1-2 mins.

f***ing shit me self the first couple of times I had it..felt like some witch was sat on me screaming( wadnt be the first time😂)... after that I got the hang of controlling it but it’s bloody scary when you initially experience it

f***ing shit me self the first couple of times I had it..felt like some witch was sat on me screaming( wadnt be the first time😂)... after that I got the hang of controlling it but it’s bloody scary when you initially experience it... worst thing is ya can’t move andya can’t shout either... like a nightmare but awake

Had it a quite a lot in my 20s. It’s f***ing horrific like. Whenever you finally get yourself awake you’re still knackered and have to go straight back to sleep even though you don’t really want to.

Had to tell a lass I was seeing I my early 20s that if she ever hears me making funny noises when I’m asleep to awake me up. I could manage a groan of help and to move my little finger about 5mms. Of course she never did.

Amazing how common this is, I still
Occasionally get this, I think it’s down to being over tired , happens at a night on the hoy.

I Seem to know it’s happening and if I breath hard if wakes me up.

it could also be aliens trying to abduct me

Back