Sleep Paralysis

Normally get it after a heavy few days on the drink and other things. First time I had it I was asleep on the couch and I heard a knock at the patio door. I knew it was the window cleaner because I was expecting him so I said to myself il just stay still and not move and hell see I'm asleep and fuck off. . . So he knocks again and I'm still lying there pretending to be asleep and then all of a sudden I hear the handle go and the door opens and I hear his footsteps marching through the room towards me on the laminate flooring before I finally jump up dazed and then bang. . . Realise there's nothing there, house empty and the door is still locked. Weird as fuck.

Had an attack last week. Was dreaming something jumped onto me shoulder whilst sleeping on my side. Started having a mental battle with myself to wake up. Tried shouting, but whether i succeeded or not i'm not sure.

Just over a month ago I was lying in bed face down, felt something crawl over my legs and thought it was one of the kids so did nowt
Next thing I felt something heavy as fuck on my back and it felt like someone was breathing in my face, tried to get up but I was stuck and couldn’t move. Then it just went. Jumped up put the light on obvs no one was there.

Felt weird as fuck
It was me. 👀

Get it quite often, its scary but fascinating at the same time. There's times when you think you're awake and out of it but you're not. Also times when you do wake up but go straight back into it, when you fall back to sleep. When that happens I try to keep myself awake and clear my head before going back to sleep.

I've had one where a person has been stood in the corner and everytime you blink they get closer and closer. Thats a proper freaky one.

Get it quite often, its scary but fascinating at the same time. There's times when you think you're awake and out of it but you're not. Also times when you do wake up but go straight back into it, when you fall back to sleep. When that happens I try to keep myself awake and clear my head before going back to sleep.

I've had one where a person has been stood in the corner and everytime you blink they get closer and closer. Thats a proper freaky one.
Mine used to be a ringing noise in my ear and the feeling of the duvet being pulled away from me.

Had an attack last week. Was dreaming something jumped onto me shoulder whilst sleeping on my side. Started having a mental battle with myself to wake up. Tried shouting, but whether i succeeded or not i'm not sure.
Aye sometimes I wake up and think “shit” I’ve been screaming the house down late at night. Then usually come to the realisation I haven’t because no one has come in to tell me shut up.

Only ever happened to me once. I would’ve been about 23. I remember ’waking up’ and couldn’t move a muscle as if I was pinned down on the bed. I thought I was screaming; at least that’s what my brain was telling me I was doing, but couldn’t have been as I was in a barrack room with three others. Maybe I was screaming and the others were just letting me get on with it. Dunno really. Anyway, it felt weird and definitely scary.

It's vile. Almost everytime I have had it its been there's someone standing next to my bed and gonna drag me off it, try to shout but just can't and your body literally can't move.

Gets the heart pounding!! Last one was just last month. Only started getting them when I turned 29, 33 now

Had it again lastnight whilst drifting off. Then went onto sleep 11 hours and a nap after work so a clear sign i was sleep deprived :lol: First time I didn’t have a terrible experience but still wasn’t great, think my body is getting used to it

Had it again lastnight whilst drifting off. Then went onto sleep 11 hours and a nap after work so a clear sign i was sleep deprived :lol: First time I didn’t have a terrible experience but still wasn’t great, think my body is getting used to it
Your mind is probably getting used to it . They become strangely controllable eventually.
As stated earlier I stayed in paralysis on purpose once to see what happens - you have to hold your nerve but it actually gives you some control back .
Not for the faint hearted and despite trying to stay in paralysis I just snapped awake.
Weird shit mind !

Your mind is probably getting used to it . They become strangely controllable eventually.
As stated earlier I stayed in paralysis on purpose once to see what happens - you have to hold your nerve but it actually gives you some control back .
Not for the faint hearted and despite trying to stay in paralysis I just snapped awake.
Weird shit mind !
It’s absolutely bonkers like, I always snap out by shaking my head of something similar. i find it hard explaining it to people who haven’t experienced it before, think the lads at work thought I was off my tits when attempting that today:lol:

Back