Sleep Paralysis

Does anyone lucid dream. I usually know I’m in a dream and can often re start it after being woken up (even getting up and letting the cat or dog out) Sometimes I can go to bed and decide the general theme of a dream. Kelly Brook May be involved but more often than not, in a none sexual way type thing...

Does anyone lucid dream. I usually know I’m in a dream and can often re start it after being woken up (even getting up and letting the cat or dog out) Sometimes I can go to bed and decide the general theme of a dream. Kelly Brook May be involved but more often than not, in a none sexual way type thing...

How can a dream about Kelly Brook not be sexual. Even if I dreamt she was filling out a tax return I'd be drowning in a pool of my own jizz!

I get this from time to time- first time is sheer terror. Convinced I was in a locked in state for eternity.

You literally have to mentally fight your way out of it.

One time I knew what was happening so decided to not fight it to see what happened- which was hard to do under panic- I went into a dark place , so dark I had to fight it out again which was even harder as I had purposely gone deeper.

Real weird shit like.

Makes you wonder if this phenomenon occurred back in ancient times...and if so do people attribute it to demonic possession, witchcraft etc. Or is it an ailment of the modern mind?

Makes you wonder if this phenomenon occurred back in ancient times...and if so do people attribute it to demonic possession, witchcraft etc. Or is it an ailment of the modern mind?
It's always been around it's just a glitch in sleep waves that the mind adds meaning to . Usually as humans we bring other humans in as explanation hence the "presences " .
Hypnogogic sleep state. It's something to do with the dream sleep state which switches of the bodies ability to move so it doesn't act out dreams physically . Summat goes wrong and the consciousness switches back on but the body doesn't.
Had one , put the shits up me , felt like I was suffocating.
Sorry got the word wrong , it's hypnopompic when your waking up , hypnogogic when you're falling asleep.

Last edited:

Quite often I do.

I think it was perceived as such in those days in the absence of scientific explanation.

Such beliefs were then exploited by those who wanted to control an individual by fear.

That of course is another debate....

Apologies if there's already threads on this, but anyone had it?

Probably occurred to me about 3-4 times in my life and it's been terrifying each time, you sort of go in a mental battle with your body to wake itself up, very weird.
Used to get it alot in my teens, at times it could be creepy as and shouting yourself awake. Upside was sometimes consiously being able to control your dreams which as a teenager only went one way.

I get this from time to time- first time is sheer terror. Convinced I was in a locked in state for eternity.

One time I knew what was happening so decided to not fight it to see what happened- which was hard to do under panic- I went into a dark place , so dark I had to fight it out again which was even harder as I had purposely gone deeper.

Real weird shit like.

Wimp.

Real weird shit like.
Aye a try to do the same but it feels like your actually going to die, it just gets scarier and scarier :lol:

Apologies if there's already threads on this, but anyone had it?

Probably occurred to me about 3-4 times in my life and it's been terrifying each time, you sort of go in a mental battle with your body to wake itself up, very weird.

Had it maybe a dozen times, not for getting on about ten years now though. It's f***ing horrible like. Fighting with every fibre of your body to move even just that first millimetre.

Used to get it in my 20s a lot. Its f***ing weird. The worst is when you try to shout and all you can force out is a mumble.

Me too. I could set my clock by it at one point....

I can only liken it to huge 'Chinese finger trap' whereby the more you struggle, the worse (or tighter) its grip feels.

Very strange

Had it maybe a dozen times, not for getting on about ten years now though. It's f***ing horrible like. Fighting with every fibre of your body to move even just that first millimetre.
Truly terrible experience, just from this thread alone it seems fairly commonplace, amazing there's no real cure or treatment for it.

Had it a few times, and it's awful. It's been quite a while since the last time it happened though. I've never felt like there was a presence or anything there, just lying there unable to move. I can vividly remember one time it felt like it lasted for ages, and I was trying to shout but I couldn't. I eventually managed to wake myself up but my girlfriend at the time said I was only mumbling. It proper shit me up though. The part about it usually only happening when lying on your back makes sense as well actually now that I think to when it's happened to me. The human mind is mental.

Used to get it every now and then after mental binges when I hadn’t slept much, then it just stopped. Haven’t had in a while now even after a mental binge.

By far the worst time I had it was the first time. I was imagining/dreaming a person was walking up the garden path to the house I was asleep in, then coming up the stairs and into the room. I woke up at that point f***ing shitting myself, but I remember trying to scream and shout and I was just lay frozen unable to move or speak except my eyes. I felt spooked for the rest of the morning after that.

Got it every now and then after that for maybe a couple of years and I seemed to train myself to deal with it by then, so I’d usually snap out of it pretty sharpish when it was beginning.

Back