Sleep Paralysis

Just over a month ago I was lying in bed face down, felt something crawl over my legs and thought it was one of the kids so did nowt
Next thing I felt something heavy as fuck on my back and it felt like someone was breathing in my face, tried to get up but I was stuck and couldn’t move. Then it just went. Jumped up put the light on obvs no one was there.

Felt weird as fuck

Amazing how common this is, I still
Occasionally get this, I think it’s down to being over tired , happens at a night on the hoy.

I Seem to know it’s happening and if I breath hard if wakes me up.

it could also be aliens trying to abduct me

They'd pick a better specimen....surely!

I often have dreams where my arms or legs don't work...but have bonkers dreams almost nightly so just lump that in amongst all the rest.

However, there was a horrible one where I felt awake, looking at the bottom of the bed, and there was a hooded figure there....I was trying to process what the fuck was going on and the figure gradually morphed into the Chest of Drawers and TV that was on there. Very Odd.

Started early 20s and it was horrific.

Happens fairly infrequently now but when it does I know what's happening and can completely control it.

I could be wrong but I think anxiety, stress that kind of thing brings it on.

Also, if you need to be up early, your mind tells you not to fully drift off but your body wants to sleep and causes sleep paralysis to happen.

Some people have visions of things pushing them down and stuff as well. I usually have some shadowy creature around when it happens but I’ve had it enough times to recognise it’s sleep paralysis while it’s happening.

The mind is a wonderful thing.
stress im suprised ive never had it then.

Apologies if there's already threads on this, but anyone had it?

Probably occurred to me about 3-4 times in my life and it's been terrifying each time, you sort of go in a mental battle with your body to wake itself up, very weird.
I was trying to get away from some hideous situation in my semi conscious state and my feet were stuck. I vividly remember trying my hardest to get my foot free. When it popped out I heard a yell and felt a slap which brought me back to reality.
Turns out I’d kneed our lass really hard up the arse.
That went down well :lol:

I started having it in my teens when I was out all night long and messing with my sleep pattern amongst other things. Generally tended to happen in the days following a heavy one or several strung in a row. Had some f***ing mad moments like dreaming my cat was on my face and scratching my eyes out; having a stroke or a brain aneurysm; trying to scream but my tongue is too big for my mouth; that sort of jolly shit.

Actually had it last night for the first time in a long while having slept awkwardly on my neck and feeling a bit coronavirus angsty this weekend. Crazy but I know how to deal with it now and it doesn't scare me so much.

They'd pick a better specimen....surely!

I often have dreams where my arms or legs don't work...but have bonkers dreams almost nightly so just lump that in amongst all the rest.

However, there was a horrible one where I felt awake, looking at the bottom of the bed, and there was a hooded figure there....I was trying to process what the fuck was going on and the figure gradually morphed into the Chest of Drawers and TV that was on there. Very Odd.

that’s your fella

I've had them sporadically throughout my life. I've had them where I've seen people in the room etc. The main ones I have are when I can get up and see myself lying on the bed or settee asleep and walk around the house opening doors etc.
Had one last week exactly the same where I got up, could see myself in bed, then went down stairs leaving my sleeping body . I was opening the downstairs toilet door making the exact noise it makes before forcing myself to shout so that my lass would wake me up which she did. My heart is always racing when I wake up and it is always quite scary.

Get it quite often. Last the was earlier this year, I dream I was in a room with multi coloured strip covering a doorway (the kind you used to get in old shops) I walked past the doorway and hand reached out and grabbed my arm. In my dream I was trying to get away, then slowly I realised I was dreaming but I couldn't wake up, eventually I scream in my dream, slowly getting louder until I'm screaming in real life and wake up.

My arm in real life was sore as it if had been grabbed, f***ing terrifying

I get it a lot usually caused by a big session, worst one was in Thailand 3 years ago, saw the maid of the hotel we were staying in floating up the bed towards me like a ghost and I couldn't move or do anything, was terrifying.

It happens to me quite frequently, has done for years. It tends to happen shortly after I've fallen asleep or if I am in the process of drifting off. It often happens with a dream where I am being pinned down but then I seem to wake up and see the room but can't move for a few seconds, almost if my brain wakes up before my body. Still freaks me out like.

Having this more often of late. It’s Just after I’ve fallen asleep everytime, feels like am moving about my room and that it’s absolutely bizzare and wouldn’t wish it Upon anybody.

I get it when I’m really tired after nights ..... can see hear and feel things happening but feels like I can’t breath and can’t move ..... quite scary sometimes

Used to get it every Monday night after I’d done a weekend on the cowies. Scary like. Feel wide awake but can’t move and used to snap out of it just as a ghost type character was coming close to me.
Don’t think I’ve ever had it without having the little fellas in me system.

Had a weeks holiday last week and was basically on a mad one every day with the pubs being open and that sleep paralysis I had on Sunday night was up there with the first night back after ibiza, it was horrific.

Had it just the once about 5 years ago. Was under quite a lot of stress at the time, relationship issues. Working nights and getting pretty f*cked up on my nights off. I was recovering from a particularly heavy session on the vodka red bulls.

There was nothing visual in my experience (thankfully), but I basically dreamt that I woke up whilst laid on my back, when an extremely violent, strong, malevolent force had a hold of me, pinning me down to the bed. Like an angry poltergheist. I remember thinking to myself at the time in my terrified state "thats it then, ghosts are f*cking real, and you're being attacked by one right now". Tried to scream but could only muster what must have sounded like the most pathetic little whimper. And then after who knows how long thankfully it stopped. I had no idea what sleep paralysis was at the time. Then I read up on it. And I was literally terrified of falling asleep for a long time afterwards. Never happened to me ever again (touchwood). Wouldn't wish it on anybody. Cant imagine how bad it must be when accompanied by something visual, jesus....

Had it just the once about 5 years ago. Was under quite a lot of stress at the time, relationship issues. Working nights and getting pretty f*cked up on my nights off. I was recovering from a particularly heavy session on the vodka red bulls.

There was nothing visual in my experience (thankfully), but I basically dreamt that I woke up whilst laid on my back, when an extremely violent, strong, malevolent force had a hold of me, pinning me down to the bed. Like an angry poltergheist. I remember thinking to myself at the time in my terrified state "thats it then, ghosts are f*cking real, and you're being attacked by one right now". Tried to scream but could only muster what must have sounded like the most pathetic little whimper. And then after who knows how long thankfully it stopped. I had no idea what sleep paralysis was at the time. Then I read up on it. And I was literally terrified of falling asleep for a long time afterwards. Never happened to me ever again (touchwood). Wouldn't wish it on anybody. Cant imagine how bad it must be when accompanied by something visual, jesus....

:lol:

Back