Sky tv Approx £900 per year, Fella can set me up for £130

Status
Not open for further replies.
£900 for sky ya been robbed mate.

I rang to cancel told them i was just going to freesat a few days later they rang back offering me the whole set up excluding ESPN for £40 a month and even offered to buy my BT contract out if i took Sky Broadband (6 months free)

Whats the quality like tho? If someone had it... which of coarse they dont because its naughty, but they were told about it by a bloke they dont know, in the pub with no name, just wondered like

I would say they were fishing mate. Or just being rude.

A skybox will probably annoy you very quickly, they do the job, but interface is a bit crap. I've got an Amiko Alien 2 with 2 Satellite HD tuners, and a terrestrial tuner, the software has full 7 day epg, quite sky like, and is very customisable. Picture is superb.

A skybox will probably annoy you very quickly, they do the job, but interface is a bit crap. I've got an Amiko Alien 2 with 2 Satellite HD tuners, and a terrestrial tuner, the software has full 7 day epg, quite sky like, and is very customisable. Picture is superb.

I have the sky f3 box does the job but its very basic and only has now and next epg:-(

How much did that set you back?

open box s11 for me, had it ages & works the same as the sky box, cracking picture, no problems at all, all the sky , all the hd channels, buy a good memory stick & you can record all the sky channels also , get it mate you wont look back ;) just out of interest what area are you ?

How much did that set you back?

£170, you can get it without the terrestrial tuner for £150. there are cheaper boxes out there but the os on this is quite flexible. www.satstation.co.uk has a lot of craic on the boxes, but talk of cardsharing is banned on there. they're a piece of piss to set up though if you've got a little technical savvy

£170, you can get it without the terrestrial tuner for £150. there are cheaper boxes out there but the os on this is quite flexible. www.satstation.co.uk has a lot of craic on the boxes, but talk of cardsharing is banned on there. they're a piece of piss to set up though if you've got a little technical savvy
So how do you go about getting the subscription channels on it?

so how does all this work then?

would love to fuck sky off.

does it cost you out per month?

you have to pay a server. the one I use is £35 for six months, there are cheaper out there but some are choppy at times. if you google card sharing and c lines you should be able to get an idea of what's involved.

if someone is going to set you up with a skybox (same as open box) for £130 for the year, I'd go for that. if you wanna upgrade to a better box later, you'll get £40+ for your box off ebay easy enough and can transfer your line to the new box

So how do you go about getting the subscription channels on it?

you put access codes to a server (c line) in the box, then when the subscription channel looks to unencrypt a channel, it does it over the ethernet connection to the server. best easy explanation I can give

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back