Skint

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not

Owner input counts as turnover under League 1 rules

It needs to be managed properly to avoid making massive losses if we do go up, but currently it just looks like an excuse to cover for the fact the current lot cant afford to put anything in
the owner has put in more than £10m..
the club is losing a f***ing fortune..
putting something in now doesnt help much as players contracts are multi-year and owner putting cash in this year means putting in next year..when rules are different in different ;league?
Here he comes, just in time
its a statement of fact..no team in this league has anything like our budget..not even close..we have the most expensive team this league has ever seen,,.

the owner has put in more than £10m..
the club is losing a f***ing fortune..
putting something in now doesnt help much as players contracts are multi-year and owner putting cash in this year means putting in next year..when rules are different in different ;league?

its a statement of fact..no team in this league has anything like our budget..not even close..we have the most expensive team this league has ever seen,,.

Thought we were in "cracking financial shape"????

It is, but I think it's been reported FFP would kick in were we to be promoted and it would be a bigger problem if we went up already outside the boundaries of that.
The reality though if if we bought a couple of extra players for money is that our wage bill shouldn't go up that much so next year wouldn't be an issue. The outlay on the transfer would be fine.

But it's all irrelevant as we aren't spending any cash!

Thought we were in "cracking financial shape"????
we are..
both are true..
we are losing money but in good shape because its a bit less than was expected at this stage..
they are ahead of forecast...
if you think a business cant be in good shape because its losing money at the operating level..youve never seen a business..
The reality though if if we bought a couple of extra players for money is that our wage bill shouldn't go up that much so next year wouldn't be an issue. The outlay on the transfer would be fine.

But it's all irrelevant as we aren't spending any cash!
we are..we spent a huge amount in the summer..
you think the only cost is fees?

If additional money came in this season through investment that would count as towards turnover so we could spend it. The spending restrictions are lot more relaxed in league 1.

But, if we spent it on players on high wages for the division and didn't go up, we'd need a fire sale next summer, unless more money was put in simply to allow the wages to be affordable. Spending can improve your chances, but it can never guarantee anything.

But, if we spent it on players on high wages for the division and didn't go up, we'd need a fire sale next summer, unless more money was put in simply to allow the wages to be affordable. Spending can improve your chances, but it can never guarantee anything.

This would be fine but they aren't spending on other areas of the club either

You;ve disappeared the last two times one has been near. Coincidence I'm sure

And spending a fortune on Grigg was prudent and not a gamble?
we overpaid for grigg, no doubt..was it a gamble?
well all signings of footballers are a gamble..grifgg, with his record in this league looked less of a gamble than most, but hasnt worked...maybe with a football manager who understands the different positons players play in, grigg might come good, but im skeptical.

there is no takeover, its not something the current owners want, so a takeover has never been close, they want investment, which is different and has, apprently, been close.

i was banned for two months or so...go ask the mods if ypou like,...or continue in your fantasy world..either is fine with me..

This.

Some folks just seem to be angry, hateful and suspicious all the time and seem to constantly need a target for their ire, whether the person deserves it or not.

I don't think it does, mate. The way I understand it, you can have as much in the bank as you like and will be unable to use it on wages if your projected annual turnover is too low.

I think if it came in through sponsorship it would though, so for example if Dell were to suddenly sponsor the SoL for £10m per year in a deal that was finalised to last for the next three years then we'd have an extra £6m we could use for wages for contracts of up to three years.

Could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.

it does. So long as it's in the form of share capital, it's counted as income for SCMP purposes, for that season only. Go on a spending spree, and don't go up, you can actually end up in a more difficult place for SCMP the following season.

yes they are...increased scouting budget..more staff in supporter liaison and sales..

who would ut us into admin now? we dont owe a penny to a secured creditor..so no one would want to do it?

SD said we'd already done this five months ago and now is instead coming soon - so why should we believe it?

Sennett all before

Our attendances are a major factor at the moment, (money wise). So Donald must make a decent managerial appointment . Otherwise,????

Last edited:
Course they will
sigh..so you think the owner is stupid enough to lie about something as easy to prove as that?
we know he is hiring folk for other roles..job ads have been published...
just making up stuff oto conform to your warped view of reality isnt productive or healthy..you are one of the posters with the most potential to be a good poster..but are choosing not to be..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back