Skint

we are..
both are true..
we are losing money but in good shape because its a bit less than was expected at this stage..
they are ahead of forecast...
if you think a business cant be in good shape because its losing money at the operating level..youve never seen a business..

we are..we spent a huge amount in the summer..
you think the only cost is fees?
But under preforming tho? Should be pissing the league! Should have pissed it last season but again under preformed! SD and Jack Ross have a lot to answer for! Me nana could have got that team promoted and she's been dead 25 years!

But he brought Richard Hill and Tony Coton in! Why haven’t they gone and let a new manager bring his own team in! Because they’ll both stay and have too much influence that’s why!!
Those 2 should be history along with Ross. Instead hes depending on them to steady a sinking ship and probably interfere with the new managers plans
But under preforming tho? Should be pissing the league! Should have pissed it last season but again under preformed! SD and Jack Ross have a lot to answer for! Me nana could have got that team promoted and she's been dead 25 years!
Is she cheap though

Those 2 should be history along with Ross. Instead hes depending on them to steady a sinking ship and probably interfere with the new managers plans

Is she cheap though
again making stuff up. JR masde clear he has final say on transfers. director of football is a common job throughout england now, they dont interfere.
people on here loved ross,,so had to scapegoat everyone else...and RH is getting more flack than he should,
That’s my worry! It’ll be someone who will have to work to their plans not them working to the new managers plans! Absolute shambles
evrty club has a head of recruitment anf a head of foorball operations...it doesnt have to create a clash..unless people decide they want it to..

again making stuff up. JR masde clear he has final say on transfers. director of football is a common job throughout england now, they dont interfere.
people on here loved ross,,so had to scapegoat everyone else...and RH is getting more flack than he should,
Absolute bullshit man, tell me how JR will have thought to sign De Bock? He was about our 10th option and available that’s why we got him! Recruitment and scouting is not fit for purpose and is a jobs for the boys brigade

Absolute bullshit man, tell me how JR will have thought to sign De Bock? He was about our 10th option and available that’s why we got him! Recruitment and scouting is not fit for purpose and is a jobs for the boys brigade
because ross will have been presneted with a list and chose him..or maybe chose someone higher up the list but they werent availab;e..thats how it works at every football club in the land..you people go one like a lub having a head of recruitment is some sort of unusual thing...tell me how coton signed ozturk..who i doubt he had heard of?
ir mcgeoch who he might not have heard of?
JR doesnt know any players in this league..he will have been shiwn a list and picked an order of preference,.

evrty club has a head of recruitment anf a head of foorball operations...it doesnt have to create a clash..unless people decide they want it to..
Wtf u on about . What is made up in my reply.

:eek: I would be worried running a business that isn't profitable at operating or EBITDA level like. Which businesses are in good financial shape yet loses money at that level?

In fairness, when I worked for EMI, one of our recording studios operated at a loss but was kept for decades because it was cheaper to have a studio that operated at a loss than to send their artists to other labels' recording studios or third party studios to record the albums that would be released on EMI.

Completely different thing, like, and completely irrelevant to the thread. :lol:

Last edited:
In fairness, when I worked for EMI, one of our recording studios operated at a loss but was kept for decades because it was cheaper to have a studio that operated at a loss than to send their artists to other labels' recording studios or third party studios to record the albums that would be released on EMI.
So maintaining an in house asset, to avoid paying 3rd party charges for the same facility, which would be more than running your own, is "operating at a loss"?

At the time, I guess you got a lot of presents off A&R, if you think that's operating a business "at a loss".

So maintaining an in house asset, to avoid paying 3rd party charges for the same facility, which would be more than running your own, is "operating at a loss"?

At the time, I guess you got a lot of presents off A&R, if you think that's operating a business "at a loss".

See my edit. :)

We never were
This. I can recall all the 'happy clappers' saying we can't go into administration because we still owned the SoL and the AoL and it wouldn't be in Short's best interests. Now all of a sudden we were on the brink of administration.

It's as clear as day that Donald isn't as wealthy as he let's on. Even source claims he is worth £8.5million. He hasn't got the funds to run a club this size and we have enough to keep us going in League One. We aren't in any danger but we aren't flush with cash either.

Donald has brought this on himself with his talk of 'the biggest budget in the league' and 'the envy of some Championship clubs'. He over spent last season to get promoted and now we don't have the cash to sign players for fees. If he was honest from the start and said 'I can't spend millions and we are going to have to tighten our belts and rely on free transfers and young players to get us up' most people would have cut him some slack. But he acted the big man just like he did at Eastleigh.

I think you are wrong. it does not matter how much money the club has, the wage bill must be a percentage of the turnover. (IE money coming in). It said that once we get to the Championship it gives more room for investment, hence why SD has repeatedly said we don't need investment in this division.

Are you sure about that? Doesn’t SCMP class gifts from owners as turnover?

Back