Skint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does this...We don't have a pot to piss in, come from? We are in a stable financial position. Investment is only needed so we can continue to move ahead. Some people believe anything they read on here.
Come on man. Open your eyes

I dont know if you've seen the state of the team, or are aware we don't have any scouts, or noticed the mess the academy is in, or are aware of who we are expected to announce as our new manager.

Some people will believe anything the owner says...

Come on man. Open your eyes

I dont know if you've seen the state of the team, or are aware we don't have any scouts, or noticed the mess the academy is in, or are aware of who we are expected to announce as our new manager.

Some people will believe anything the owner says...

If we in that bad a state, why did they sack Ross?
Some people believe anything ANYONE says.

I think you are wrong. it does not matter how much money the club has, the wage bill must be a percentage of the turnover. (IE money coming in). It said that once we get to the Championship it gives more room for investment, hence why SD has repeatedly said we don't need investment in this division.
SCMP (which applies to league 1 clubs) is a lot more relaxed than ffp. That is a fact. I genuinely think you should start questioning what the owners say rather than take everything they say as gospel. As it is being proven recently that is clearly not the car.

You believe that? Do you believe they would have sacked Ross if they were that close to administration? Ross was constantly in the top 6, most teams would be happy with that, but SD, like the rest of us, wants promotion.
No I don't believe that. My point is that within a few posts someone has conjoured up a situation that we could be on the brink because nobody has said we aren't.

SCMP (which applies to league 1 clubs) is a lot more relaxed than ffp. That is a fact. I genuinely think you should start questioning what the owners say rather than take everything they say as gospel. As it is being proven recently that is clearly not the car.
It is, but I think it's been reported FFP would kick in were we to be promoted and it would be a bigger problem if we went up already outside the boundaries of that.

You say nobody says we're not on the brink, you say don't believe we are, you say you don't believe a word Donald says. And I'm wetting my fanny :lol:
my exact words:

"who says we still arent.. donald is desperate for investment.. i dont think we are but i wouldnt believe a word that comes out of his mouth.."

read the bit in bold..

are the schools off this week?..

I don't think we are as SKINT as people think.
Isn't it not down to FFP?
I am sure it has been said even if we get a takeover or investment there is very little as to what they can do until we get in the Championship.

This.

Some folks just seem to be angry, hateful and suspicious all the time and seem to constantly need a target for their ire, whether the person deserves it or not.
If additional money came in this season through investment that would count as towards turnover so we could spend it. The spending restrictions are lot more relaxed in league 1.

I don't think it does, mate. The way I understand it, you can have as much in the bank as you like and will be unable to use it on wages if your projected annual turnover is too low.

I think if it came in through sponsorship it would though, so for example if Dell were to suddenly sponsor the SoL for £10m per year in a deal that was finalised to last for the next three years then we'd have an extra £6m we could use for wages for contracts of up to three years.

Could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.

Last edited:
my exact words:

"who says we still arent.. donald is desperate for investment.. i dont think we are but i wouldnt believe a word that comes out of his mouth.."

read the bit in bold..

are the schools off this week?..
"Who says we still aren't" [on the brink of admin]. You've imagined a situation where we could be on the brink. "...I don't think we are". You've dismissed the idea. "...but i wouldnt believe a word that comes out of his mouth" you've given it credence again.

Can't be arsed going round in circles, fair enough from your follow up posts I can see that's not what you meant.

I think you are wrong. it does not matter how much money the club has, the wage bill must be a percentage of the turnover. (IE money coming in). It said that once we get to the Championship it gives more room for investment, hence why SD has repeatedly said we don't need investment in this division.

This.

This - thought this was common knowledge.
We were never "on the brink of administration" before Donald took over.
Only down to generosity of Short. We were in the dodo
This - thought this was common knowledge.

Only down to generosity of Short. We were in the doodoo

Last edited:
It was more worrying when we were teetering on the brink of administration. In a good place now, as I'm sure you know.

Were we really teetering on the brink of administration though? As soon a Short found a buyer, he cleared the debt and received a little bit in the purchase.
We would have received nothing back from administration.

He's not

Owner input counts as turnover under League 1 rules

It needs to be managed properly to avoid making massive losses if we do go up, but currently it just looks like an excuse to cover for the fact the current lot cant afford to put anything in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back