Shelvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's f***ing awful :lol: binned by Swansea when they were in a relegation battle. Shite for the mags when he first signed but found his level in the championship.

You lot would kill for a player like shelvey lets be honest and hes head and shoulders above anything u lot have in midfield.

Catts is better

Shelvey assists more frequently than Henderson, whilst playing in poorer teams, therefore with worse forwards.
Aye he's not the main creator in Liverpool side is he ? His job is to give it to their creative players Coutinho, Mane, Firmino and Lallana. Henderson is a far better footballer than Voldemort ever will be and he'd assist more too if played differently

Hes had 6 caps for England.
lets be fair a lot of players pick up five mins here and there, majority are sub appearances (one good game against San Marino when anybody could have played CM against them lot) etc but lad like a lot of Prem midfielders is average thats kinda my original point.
I didn't realise he was only 25 actually, surprised me seems older or feel he's been around a while

Aye he's not the main creator in Liverpool side is he ? His job is to give it to their creative players Coutinho, Mane, Firmino and Lallana. Henderson is a far better footballer than Voldemort ever will be and he'd assist more too if played differently

:lol: Is a mag seriously comparing the captain of Liverpool and (once fit) probably England to Jonjo Shelvey?

:lol: Is a mag seriously comparing the captain of Liverpool and (once fit) probably England to Jonjo Shelvey?

No. Somebody else said 'the mags think he's better than henderson', which I personally don't, and don't know anybody who does, and then in the same post the lad said Henderson assists more. Which i corrected, as shelvey does assist more frequently, but that doesn't make him a better player.
None of the mags on here said Shelvey was better. Just gotta read the thread to see that.

He's just your average racist prick.

And how The fat Spanish waiter had the nerve to defend him and then demand the FA punish Wolves because our fans sang "Jono Shelvey your a wanker" though out the whole 90 mins is beyond me.

Shelvey will be lucky if he gets an England call up again, he can pass a ball but is far too inconsistant not to mention is a f*cking a**ehole to boot, the guy is unreliable as he will get himself sent off and banned for quite a few games next season for being an idiot on the pitch, 5 decent games out of 38 next season will not get you an England call up Shelvey and especially in your team that will get beat most games and be relegated by the end of the season

Sissoko mkII. Keep him in the hope he comes into a bit of form and sell him for daft money to some mug before he reverts back into his bang-average self.

Looks like a world-beater on a highlights reel.

Sounds exactly like something Barton would say

He's just your average racist prick.

And how The fat Spanish waiter had the nerve to defend him and then demand the FA punish Wolves because our fans sang "Jono Shelvey your a wanker" though out the whole 90 mins is beyond me.

Probably because he's spanish so he doesn't understand the concept of racism

Last edited:
Huddlestone Carrick Henderson Wilshere Cook plus more all have as good passing.

Pinging a ball 40 yards in the championship isnt the same as passing the ball in the premier league. Henderson has assisted a lot more at a higher level yet the mags think hes average :lol:
Add Harry Winks to the list trust me the lads going to be mustard

He doesn't get involved enough to be a top midfielder. Hardly scores or assists, doesn't tackle, barely grafts and covers ground. He sprays a few passes but nowhere near international level.

He could get away with strolling around in the Championship. Can't carry lazy passengers in the Premier League. And his 50 yard "Hollywo0d passes" don't work with big boys either. Defenders are too good and just pick off the pass. You need to be mobile and have variety to game to create space. He's a bald, poor man's Charlie Adam.

Good vision, good technique, good range of passing and dangerous from set pieces. Takes the Paul Scholes approach to tackling, when he can be bothered. Play him alongside a hard working defensive midfielder who can get Jonjo on the ball often and he's a real asset to the team, but if he doesn't get on the ball games can pass him by.

Don't think he's good enough for an England place, but could be a vital part of this season's campaign. Looks like we're going to have a lot of pace on the flanks so I'm hoping his favoured passes (the long, into the corner, Hollywood ball) will be part and parcel of our game, rather than an act of desperation.
One ingredient missing, Shelvey hates it up there and playing for the mags, but he gets on with it just for the colossal wages being served up. His brother hasn't worked since he joined the mags and most likely never will.

So if Shelvey announced his love for all things safc and got his dream move u would be gutted???

No chance. Hes not the best by a long way but hes a premier league midfielder (i would say mid table team) and he would instantly become your best midfielder. By a mile imo.
Shame he plays for you lot then eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back