Shelvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelvey assists more frequently than Henderson, whilst playing in poorer teams, therefore with worse forwards.

No he doesnt go look it up.

Henderson also plays as the watercarrier for his side. Shelvey is the lynchpin. Not to mention Henderson is Liverpools captain Shelvey couldnt get a game at Swansea.

I think he has decent ability, I watched a few times playing for Charlton early on...just hot and cold.
But if he was as good as he claims then Shirley a bigger club would've snapped him up, just needs to work harder consistently.

No he doesnt go look it up.

Henderson also plays as the watercarrier for his side. Shelvey is the lynchpin. Not to mention Henderson is Liverpools captain Shelvey couldnt get a game at Swansea.

According to Whoscored.com based on from when Shelvey joined Liverpool in 2010(no stats for Shelvey before that), covering all club appearances in all competitions and internationals.
Shelvey: Played 199 (13,517 minutes) and has assisted 26 times. That's an assist every 519 minutes.

Henderson since 09/10 has played 277 times (21,468 minutes) and assisted 39 times. That is an assist every 550 minutes.

I think Henderson is the better player by miles, for what it's worth.

Good vision, good technique, good range of passing and dangerous from set pieces. Takes the Paul Scholes approach to tackling, when he can be bothered. Play him alongside a hard working defensive midfielder who can get Jonjo on the ball often and he's a real asset to the team, but if he doesn't get on the ball games can pass him by.

Don't think he's good enough for an England place, but could be a vital part of this season's campaign. Looks like we're going to have a lot of pace on the flanks so I'm hoping his favoured passes (the long, into the corner, Hollywood ball) will be part and parcel of our game, rather than an act of desperation.

And so the building up of mag players by the media starts :oops:

He's a total nothing player reminds me of a slimmer, baldy minging looking version of Tom Huddlestone

So apart from the fact that Shelvey is white, thin, looks ugly and has no hair, he reminds you of a well built, black man who has an afro/top knot pony tail going on?

So apart from the fact that Shelvey is white, thin, looks ugly and has no hair, he reminds you of a well built, black man who has an afro/top knot pony tail going on?
:lol:

Ability wise pings the odd good 40yrd pass about or score the odd screamer very similar and I never got the Fat Tom hype

Quality player on his day but not consistent enough. Far too good for the championship - if Newcastle struggle in the Prem the signs are he will too however.

Good vision, good technique, good range of passing and dangerous from set pieces. Takes the Paul Scholes approach to tackling, when he can be bothered. Play him alongside a hard working defensive midfielder who can get Jonjo on the ball often and he's a real asset to the team, but if he doesn't get on the ball games can pass him by.

Don't think he's good enough for an England place, but could be a vital part of this season's campaign. Looks like we're going to have a lot of pace on the flanks so I'm hoping his favoured passes (the long, into the corner, Hollywood ball) will be part and parcel of our game, rather than an act of desperation.

Difference being at premier league level youll be sat back deep and the defenders are better and will read his passes and thats if he even gets on the ball in the first place.

Last season hed get the ball from your centre halfs and have 5 minutes to think about what he was going to do. He wont get that time this season just like he didnt before and look very very ordinary.

Isn't a good premiership player, got an opportunity with England due to the fact of injuries and I'm sure we were playing someone like Malta? (correct me if I'm wrong team wise)
The Spanish waiter didn't play him hardly when he came in or if at all as didn't rate him and from what I heard from Mags he was poor, played in championship as one of those players (we've had a fair few!) who are good or better championship players but lower regions of premiership. Sometimes don't even make any type of impact in prep yet brilliant in championship, as one poster said anybody given time in CM can ping a ball, doesn't make you Gerrard or Scholes. But applied pressure, shorter space in between the lines with greater technical footballers against you and tighter tactics and they are lost or basically not as effective. Same goes with centre forwards also....

Isn't a good premiership player, got an opportunity with England due to the fact of injuries and I'm sure we were playing someone like Malta? (correct me if I'm wrong team wise)
The Spanish waiter didn't play him hardly when he came in or if at all as didn't rate him and from what I heard from Mags he was poor, played in championship as one of those players (we've had a fair few!) who are good or better championship players but lower regions of premiership. Sometimes don't even make any type of impact in prep yet brilliant in championship, as one poster said anybody given time in CM can ping a ball, doesn't make you Gerrard or Scholes. But applied pressure, shorter space in between the lines with greater technical footballers against you and tighter tactics and they are lost or basically not as effective. Same goes with centre forwards also....

Hes had 6 caps for England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back