Shelvey

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think hes really poor at premiership level. Players run off the back of him all the time, he gets frustrated because he isn't in possession of the football as much as he would like. A good player on the ball and a rotten one off the ball. rafa had him sussed last time they were up and dropped him in no time. If he could have had a buyer last summer he would have sold him but for a player on his wage, with his flaws, he was never going to get that buyer.

'With this support, and for this big a club - I don't think people realise how big a club this actually is - if you can't go out there and perform then there is something wrong with you.'

Which is amazing when there are players in the press, and supporters on social media, pumping out that endless crap 24/7.

I wonder why 'people don't realise' ..... is it because they've not won a top trophy for over 60 years and have just been relegated twice?

Bloke has tonnes of ability. Id argue the prem doesnt have many better passers of the ball. The problem is he doesnt graft. At times be can be barely arsed and if things are against us forget it.
He is the king of the hollywood pass. I would be interested to see his retention stats at premier league if you give the ball away and dont graft to get it back you are worse that useless.

Yeah, been missing a lazy racist trying Hollywood balls 20 times a game. Spot on mate

So if Shelvey announced his love for all things safc and got his dream move u would be gutted???

No chance. Hes not the best by a long way but hes a premier league midfielder (i would say mid table team) and he would instantly become your best midfielder. By a mile imo.

So if Shelvey announced his love for all things safc and got his dream move u would be gutted???

No chance. Hes not the best by a long way but hes a premier league midfielder (i would say mid table team) and he would instantly become your best midfielder. By a mile imo.

So you disagree with Shelvey that he should be playing for England ...... fair enough, I'd say you're right.

The only time he'll shine, in the Premier League, will be under floodlights :lol:

Huddlestone Carrick Henderson Wilshere Cook plus more all have as good passing.

Pinging a ball 40 yards in the championship isnt the same as passing the ball in the premier league. Henderson has assisted a lot more at a higher level yet the mags think hes average :lol:

Better than Khazri? By a mile?

I don't believe so.

I await a response that Khazri is a winger, he's more of a 10, which is where Shelvey will have to play next season as he won't get as much time on the ball further back and isn't going to go chasing

Bloke has tonnes of ability. Id argue the prem doesnt have many better passers of the ball. The problem is he doesnt graft. At times be can be barely arsed and if things are against us forget it.
Glad I read your next few posts before I jumper all over the above

Get real man. He got stick in your relegation season and praised in your championship one. He stands out (slightly) in the championship and is poor in the premier league. Probably sits somewhere between the two. If he left Newcastle now not many fans would be arsed I bet which shows the level he's at.

If he signed for us I'd be ok with that given the league were in. I wouldn't be happy if it was a 5yr deal on massive wages which is something we seem to love doing for some bizarre reason.

Last edited:
Huddlestone Carrick Henderson Wilshere Cook plus more all have as good passing.

Pinging a ball 40 yards in the championship isnt the same as passing the ball in the premier league. Henderson has assisted a lot more at a higher level yet the mags think hes average :lol:

Shelvey assists more frequently than Henderson, whilst playing in poorer teams, therefore with worse forwards.

Better than Khazri? By a mile?

I don't believe so.

I await a response that Khazri is a winger, he's more of a 10, which is where Shelvey will have to play next season as he won't get as much time on the ball further back and isn't going to go chasing

Yes. Although i would have khazri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back