Shakespeare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough matey but I dont buy the Assistant as a reason, even part reason that he should even be considered for a full time role, especially with us. As him being a Manager, he inherited a team which only the previous season had won the league and by all accounts this season they have looked and played consistently pretty shit. (A mate who is a Leicester fan)

Each to their own mind but I would be pretty gutted if he became our Manager in the event of Grayson getting peddled.

Aye, don't know about how they've been playing week in and week out this season but they were pretty handy when I saw them against Arsenal in the opener. I think he'd do a decent job but you're right, he's not been managing long enough for either of us to really know his credentials.

A disgraceful act to sack Ranieri.
Not really matey. He done well to stumble on tactics to win the league which was an unbelievable achievement but he had been found out and had no idea how to change things around. He is like 95% of all managers, much the same and if they do something good is probably because they got lucky.

Was never going to work.

He clearly stabbed Raniery in the back because the players were grumbling about the Tinkerman.

Now he's been shown to be no more than a coach which is exactly what he should go back to doing.

Meanwhile we delay the inevitable its unbelievable how long we take to punt a manager, the sooner Kenwrights gone completely the better as we accept mediocrity.

Mind you defeats against both Lyon and Arsenal will imo see him gone by the start of next week.

Still find it strange they were struggling at the bottom and all of a sudden they are winning every week to win the Prem. I'd imagine they are financially stable and in profit, if they have any sense they'll appoint a very good manager with the experience. It's a kick in the teeth though looking at other clubs and we're shite unable to spend to get out of it, typical of Ellis man.

IT wouldn't surprise me to hear the players had a word with the owners about getting him the sack.It would never happen with us
They shouldn't have got rid of Ranieri. That was the perfect time for any club to instill some sort of respect to the manager's position by backing him. The players would have had to follow suit with him being the man who guided them to a league title win. Agreed on the caretaker manager front though. The players got their man who had good stock when they were on a good run. As soon as things started going down hill they won't have liked having to do some extra work.
Our players would never complain to the heirachy and get a manager sacked.

I would like to think that if we had a manager who historically won the Premier league against all odds that we would not sack him the next season at the first hint of panic.

I think I'd want him in charge forever irrespective of how shit he did. Ranieri was in charge of Leicester for a shorter length of time than Steve Kean was in charge of Blackburn.

What’s the odds on Pearson & Shakespeare teaming up again at a club job in the next couple of months ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back