September SMB Photography Competition - After Dark - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i've taken the plunge after quite a bit of lurking and entered this month's round. all of that reinforced concrete's taking a while to come down like so i'll no doubt be popping back before it's gone for good. I'll have to get hold of a copy of Get Carter some time, just to see how it looked when it was brand new!

No better!

Got my idea lined up, just requires me losing a night's sleep. Could be a bit 'different.'

Liking both entries so far, but a bit confused that Neil's entry appears to have been posted on Flickr before he actually took the shot - I assume the date on your camera isn't set quite right.

It is quite cold out tonight. Did have bare feet though.
Had to explain why I was photographing.
Got a Guinness bought for me.
Not too bad all in all.

Nice composition there Peachy. Liking that a lot.

Got my idea lined up, just requires me losing a night's sleep. Could be a bit 'different.'

Liking both entries so far, but a bit confused that Neil's entry appears to have been posted on Flickr before he actually took the shot - I assume the date on your camera isn't set quite right.

always good to get something different mate, rather than follow everyone else. It always amuses me to see all the people lined up on newcastle quayside outside of pitcher & piano taking exactly the same shot :lol: :oops:

hmm.... my exif on flickr says it was taken on the 15th, and posted on the 16th. the time on my camera was an hour slow though but.

always good to get something different mate, rather than follow everyone else. It always amuses me to see all the people lined up on newcastle quayside outside of pitcher & piano taking exactly the same shot :lol: :oops:

hmm.... my exif on flickr says it was taken on the 15th, and posted on the 16th. the time on my camera was an hour slow though but.

I must admit I've been guilty of that before, but it's kind of one of those shots that you've got to do, just to get it out of the way!

Got up at 4:30 this morning. Thought I had a cracking idea, but it wasn't to be, so had to settle for a sunrise. Quite liked it though.

Hopefully I'll get my photo taken next Wednesday night. Probably won't work like but I'm hopeful :lol:

If it doesn't, I'll have to think of soemthing else before the end of the month!

Shot a few last night and I think I have what I want. I have to say my model was very understanding.

Haven't decided which one to enter yet but this one's just missed the cut.

Logon or register to see this image

Just posted mine up (nothing as glamourous as ghosts!), I tried to get something different using a Pod projection night light with red stars and blue plasma effects but it didnt work out. Exposure times were too long and I was just getting purple/pink casts. Didnt want to brighten the room too much incase I woke her up.

EOS500D/Sigma 10-20mm, ISO 400, 6 seconds at F8 some contrast and sharpening in PS, cropped and added vignette.

Just posted mine up (nothing as glamourous as ghosts!), I tried to get something different using a Pod projection night light with red stars and blue plasma effects but it didnt work out. Exposure times were too long and I was just getting purple/pink casts. Didnt want to brighten the room too much incase I woke her up.

EOS500D/Sigma 10-20mm, ISO 400, 6 seconds at F8 some contrast and sharpening in PS, cropped and added vignette.

I hope she's signed the model release ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back