September SMB Photography Competition - After Dark - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Andy is pulling a fast one. It was clearly taken during Lenin's moped years

Today's events had me googling the famous picture of St Paul's Cathedral in the blitz.

It wouldn't pass muster on here as IMHO there is a definite wonk to the dome. Not that you can see the horizon because of the smoke, which is the point.

Well, the month is up and running with a couple of great entries already.

I can see this is going to be an interesting month.

Is the second taken by the poster though? I'm rather confused by the statement

Is the second taken by the poster though? I'm rather confused by the statement

Me too, I think we need to see the EXIF data.

We always leave it to the posters' honesty to ensure that it is a valid entry and should continue to do so - I don't have time to check and it changes the spirit of the competition.

Peachbum made no attempt to pull wool over anyone's eyes last month and her photo met the criteria we laid down. Voters make up their own minds whether they feel it's right and will vote accordingly.

Tired Eyes obviously took exception to what she did and unless he tells me otherwise, I'll assume he's also abided by the rules and did, indeed take a photo of a photo.

Last edited:
Me too, I think we need to see the EXIF data.

We always leave it to the posters' honesty to ensure that it is a valid entry and should continue to do so - I don't have time to check and it changes the spirit of the competition.

Peachbum made no attempt to pull wool over anyone's eyes last month and her photo met the criteria we laid down. Voters make up their own minds whether they feel it's right and will vote accordingly.

Tired Eyes obviously took exception to what she did and unless he tells me otherwise, I'll assume he's also abided by the rules and did, indeed take a photo of a photo.

Photo of a photo? It's nonsensical. I'll take a picture of a Paris by night by Doisneau or the likes

I don't know what peachbum's entry was, but you can't just bloody enter photos of someone else's photos :neutral:

edit:

Ah, ok. I'm catching up and reading threads. Yep I agree with Tired Eyes protest, peachbum's entry should have been removed, as should Tired Eyes' this month

As pb didn't trouble the scorers too much we move on, but ffs does it need to be said that work must be original?

Photo of a photo? It's nonsensical. I'll take a picture of a Paris by night by Doisneau or the likes

I don't know what peachbum's entry was, but you can't just bloody enter photos of someone else's photos :neutral:

edit:

Ah, ok. I'm catching up and reading threads. Yep I agree with Tired Eyes protest, peachbum's entry should have been removed, as should Tired Eyes' this month

As pb didn't trouble the scorers too much we move on, but ffs does it need to be said that work must be original?

Agreed

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you please read my comments!

The rules shouldn't need to state that you can't enter photos of someone else's photos tbh. It's stated in common sense
Read my posts in this thread. I was not cheating. Cheating is to delude somebody, I was open and upfront about it.

Tired Eyes thinks I am a cheat, and has posted his entry this month to make a point.

If I was a cheat and had been found out or something I would own up.

Thank you JanieP for standing up for me. Thank you AB22EasyTiger for twice pointing out I am not a cheat.

The exif data (or whatever) can be checked on all my photographs, I have nothing to hide.

edit:

Why!? By saying that you are accusing me of being a cheat!

Read my posts in this thread. I was not cheating. Cheating is to delude somebody, I was open and upfront about it.

Tired Eyes thinks I am a cheat, and has posted his entry this month to make a point.

Thank you JanieP for standing up for me. Thank you AB22EasyTiger for twice pointing out I am not a cheat.

The exif data (or whatever) can be checked on all my photographs, I have nothing to hide.

No, merely stating it should have been removed

You certainly weren't cheating, it just shouldn't have been allowed as a valid entry

Last edited:

I did? I understsand what the photo represents and it wasn't against the rules. However, saying that I don't understand what's wrong with my agreeing with youmademerealise's comment?

You've explained already on the other thread so no need to again, but saying it was difficult to take a photo of a photo when everyone else is out and about and putting time and effort into "location, location, location" - well. it's a bit crap really isn't it?

Anyway, rules changed, new theme... a good one at that, happy days. see how this canon g11 gets on

Edit: my comments to Tired Eyes are in the Voting thread of Bygone Times.

I did? I understsand what the photo represents and it wasn't against the rules. However, saying that I don't understand what's wrong with my agreeing with youmademerealise's comment?

You've explained already on the other thread so no need to again, but saying it was difficult to take a photo of a photo when everyone else is out and about and putting time and effort into "location, location, location" - well. it's a bit crap really isn't it?

Anyway, rules changed, new theme... a good one at that, happy days. see how this canon g11 gets on
You can say the photo is crap, and I am lazy because I worked at home - no worries.:)

You can say the photo is crap, and I am lazy because I worked at home - no worries.:)

I must reprimand APB. It's someone else's photo that is crap ;)

YOU LAZY GET! :lol:

now back to the matter at hand. What the * am I going to shoot this month :confused::lol:

Logon or register to see this image

My name's Mercia Blackcat and I'm not a dodgey geeza.

I've been struggling this month but managed this er just the other night.

Logon or register to see this image

I can see some of you are checking the Exif data so just let me say that my camera clock must have stopped, it happened to somebody else just the other month, and that the recorded date/time of 29/11/2008 at 20:16 is not correct. Anyone with half a brain knows that it's not dark at 20:16 in September so the pic was obviously taken later.

Just another minor point, I see some of you have been checking uploaded filenames and will have noticed mine is

merciabc/th_Eye03Nov2008.jpg?t=1283978153

I don't what's going on there like. All I can think is that I was renaming a batch of file with a Nov2008 suffix and this must have got included by mistake.

So will this pass the stringent new rules?

One final little matter, I might want to change my vote if the person I voted for is beating me.

Bigger size

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back