Second club to follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stood up on my HR course at Durham and said (we were doing a presentation on local sport facilities and venues) 'There are 3 teams in the North East, Sunderland, Sunderland Reserves and Sunderland Youth Team', the look from the Employment Law Lecturer (who was a Mag season ticket holder) was priceless. Got a distinction for presentation so couldn't have been that bad.
As a second team (only if we're not playing them) is Exeter, had a good family friend who passed away recently and was a season ticket holder there for years (shame stadium is called St James Park), he left me his complete collection of Rothman's football books and I'll carry on buying and pass on to another footie devotee.

I can't wait to get back watching the lads, but I came across an offer from a non-league club in County Durham which could fill the football void on some weekends.

Spennymoor Town.

Not too far away and they have a great little set-up by the looks of it. Had a quick look at their site and they are getting loads of ground works and some fan zones.

Season tickets well priced. An idea for fans who might live in the area?
Green Bay Packers

Spurs only because of the Holsten home strip circa 1987 with the collars ... Clive Allen, Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles , Mabbut. Hummel strip quality Xmas present.

When Im home, me and my dad will often go and watch Northern League football if Sunderland arent playing or are away. Usually at Consett or Tow Law, but its not unheard of for him to randomly suggest a look out somewhere else as well.

Ive got a soft spot for Darlington as well, first football match I ever went to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back