Second club to follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I follow the Bundesliga in passing after going over there. Similar fan following to ours with a lot of support for the lower leagues. I semi-support Dusseldorf, its interesting to keep tabs on another league.

I can't wait to get back watching the lads, but I came across an offer from a non-league club in County Durham which could fill the football void on some weekends.

Spennymoor Town.

Not too far away and they have a great little set-up by the looks of it. Had a quick look at their site and they are getting loads of ground works and some fan zones.

Season tickets well priced. An idea for fans who might live in the area?

@Doberman supports them

If we aren't playing or its an away match I'm not going to I have been known to go and watch Bishop Auckland play, canny stadium but owners are apparently not putting anything into the club (something I heard from a mate how is a season ticket holder there)

Probably cos they've got nowt and want the club to be self-sufficient; nothing wrong with that. Seem to have plenty decent commercial stuff going on.

I’ve shares in Oviedo! Just have to email em when we’re going and there’s a free ticket waiting. Between Madrid and Spain’s Northern coast I think.

Looks like a decent city and club to visit to be fair. You've not got enough influence to suggest they sign Charlie Wyke have you?

Looks like a decent city and club to visit to be fair. You've not got enough influence to suggest they sign Charlie Wyke have you?
Not for £10 on PayPal when it popped up on my twitter feed football list! Iirc it was my first non eBay PayPal thing.

They were going under and some Brit journos Mrs was from there so he retweeted the appeal. Chelsea and Swansea fans hoyed tenners in as Mata and that lad who had one great season at Swansea came through their yoof system. I’d had a drink so thought why not. Then bought myself a badge on eBay Ffs.
Went to a Rayo game when in Madrid a few years later and only realised they were playing Oviedo at HT. I coulda went in with the travelling fans, exiles in Madrid I’d imagine. Jordi Gomez had a stroll out for Rayo.

Not for £10 on PayPal when it popped up on my twitter feed football list! Iirc it was my first non eBay PayPal thing.

They were going under and some Brit journos Mrs was from there so he retweeted the appeal. Chelsea and Swansea fans hoyed tenners in as Mata and that lad who had one great season at Swansea came through their yoof system. I’d had a drink so thought why not. Then bought myself a badge on eBay Ffs.
Went to a Rayo game when in Madrid a few years later and only realised they were playing Oviedo at HT. I coulda went in with the travelling fans, exiles in Madrid I’d imagine. Jordi Gomez had a stroll out for Rayo.

I've just picked up a book on Rayo called "Working Class Heroes". The story of the club and the neighbourhood. Haven't read it yet mind.

I've just picked up a book on Rayo called "Working Class Heroes". The story of the club and the neighbourhood. Haven't read it yet mind.
It’s above the tube station. You come up the stairs and have to push thru the queue for the turnstiles to get off the station staircase! No H&S ower there. Trophy room is basically a cupboard opening onto the street which you can walk into and have your photo taken in. Flats at one end with balconies from which you could watch the match, only one bloke was despite lights being on inside of most of em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back