Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

Fifth and final series of Rita begins here in DK this coming Monday. Should be up on Netflix in late June or early July, if series four is anything to go by.

Fifth and final series of Rita begins here in DK this coming Monday. Should be up on Netflix in late June or early July, if series four is anything to go by.
Yayyyyyy! I wasn't expecting another series. I need something good to watch - not been much on Netflix for me recently.

Anybody watched "Hamilton 2020" , swedish espionage thriller series? just popped up on the site wher `i get my downloads, wondering whether its worth watching ?

Anybody watched "Hamilton 2020" , swedish espionage thriller series? just popped up on the site wher `i get my downloads, wondering whether its worth watching ?
not heard of it, but looks to star Jakob Oftebro who is always watchable and tends to be attached to decent stuff... does your "wher 'i get my downloads" include english subs?

two critic reviews on imdb couldnt be further apart, apparently based on a book series of the same name - although i've never heard of them either... already had the green light for a second series so must have done ok in its native lands...

not heard of it, but looks to star Jakob Oftebro who is always watchable and tends to be attached to decent stuff... does your "wher 'i get my downloads" include english subs?

two critic reviews on imdb couldnt be further apart, apparently based on a book series of the same name - although i've never heard of them either... already had the green light for a second series so must have done ok in its native lands...
Yep it will have English subs, gonna go ahead and "save" it.

I have though it was called Agent Hamilton here unless this is a new series. I think I mentioned it earlier on this thread. It's not bad. It's a bit Jason Bourne style which let's face it is no bad thing.

I cannot stress how good the new series of the French spy drama "The Bureau" is. This is season 5. It's hands down the best subtitled series I've ever watched. Fantastic suspense and subtlety in equal measures. Great character's and fantastic cinematography across a multitude of locations. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend starting at season 1 and working through it all. New York Times named it 3rd on the list of top international tv shows of the decade.

Last edited:
I have though it was called Agent Hamilton here unless this is a new series. I think I mentioned it earlier on this thread. It's not bad. It's a bit Jason Bourne style which let's face it is no bad thing.

I cannot stress how good the new series of the French spy drama "The Bureau" is. This is season 5. It's hands down the best subtitled series I've ever watched. Fantastic suspense and subtlety in equal measures. Great character's and fantastic cinematography across a multitude of locations. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend starting at season 1 and working through it all. New York Times named it 3rd on the list of top international tv shows of the decade.

Where's series 5 available? Can't see it on amazon prime yet

Yes I loved The Bureau, I certainly havent see series 5 , will have a look now and add it cheers.
EDIT : Just had a look on an Elysium account I share, only up to season 4 , hmmm more searching needed.

Last edited:
Where's series 5 available? Can't see it on amazon prime yet
We have it here on one of our national government stations.SBS on Demand
Not sure if you could use a vpn and register an account but it's an incredible free resource for world tv and movies. SBS is basically an immigrants tv station here and their on demand section is next level.
False flag, an Israeli show, is another cracker IMO.

Last edited:
Yes I loved The Bureau, I certainly havent see series 5 , will have a look now and add it cheers.
EDIT : Just had a look on an Elysium account I share, only up to season 4 , hmmm more searching needed.

Cant get it yet , gonna have to wait. I expect it will be available shortly given uk release date was june 18th.

Back