Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

Currently watching Agent Hamilton, half way through the series. A bit of a Jason Bourne style Swedish spy/terrorist drama. Not groundbreaking but highly watchable.

Norwegian drama Twin starts on BBC4 tomorrow. Anyone know whether it's worth a watch? There are beards....
If it's good enough to export & the BBC pick it up, it'll be fine. They're all worth watching for the scenery & the musicality of the language & accents IMO. They're mostly all formulaic, but then they say there are only 7 main storylines don't they.

Guess the classic car owned by maverick cop sweepstake: my guess Volvo 440, silver.

Now there’s a turn up for the books... have they announced who’s gonna be in it?

I only know that the writers will be the same and that the lovely Sidse will be back as well.

Not sure it will return to the BBC though as Netflix is supporting series four. So I guess once the new series has been aired here in DK it will be up on there instead. Netflix will have no control over the series itself though.

Netflix seems to have the worldwide distribution...
I've got Netflix, it's okay for series but dreadful for what I would call older films. Especially as I like a lot of b&w film noir. Shame for BBC who really got people into the Scandi stuff in the first place. Not to mention the joy of the Guardian blog episode review each week.

Last edited:
Not exactly Scandi/Noir but I really enjoyed the Israeli spy drama False/Flag. Only watched the first season but the second is coming out here soon.
I read that the Americans are remaking a version of it with Uma Thurman.

I've got Netflix, it's okay for series but dreadful for what I would call older films. Especially as I like a lot of b&w film noir. Shame for BBC who really got people into the Scandi stuff in the first place. Not to mention the joy of the Guardian blog episode review each week.

Well, Dracula was shown on the BBC and that was supported by Netflix as well so who knows. I would like series four to be shown on BBC.

I've got one episode of Twin left to watch. It's not been perfect but has been intriguing.

BBC4 start showing State of Happiness on Saturday. It's a Norwegian drama about the oil industry set in Stavanger in 1969. Might be worth a watch?

Not Scandi - but we just finished La Mante (French crime drama) on Netflix. Would definitely recommend!!
I quite like the French stuff I might give it a whirl. 'The Bureau' is a cracking French spy drama if you get a chance and also 'nox' is another decent crime one.

Back