Scan as you shop

Once Amazon have completed their network of mega-warehouses and people migrate to online only shopping, other supermarkets will follow suit. Soon, there’ll be no reason to leave home.
Another reason why I’ll never use Amazon. As ever I am in the minority.

I've tried it once in tesco a few years back, dunno if I got a scanner or something but the whole thing was a right faff on.

Also the spot checking (I know they have to do it) but it feels like you're a suspected a criminal.

Think I'll be sticking with the conventional way

Surely they pack them again for you afterwards??

Would you have paid at that point? If they don’t I’d just leave the shopping on the desk and walk out?
No they don’t repack, haven’t paid at that point. It’s not the end of the world and it might catch the odd chancer out. It’s just a faff on repacking .

I've tried it once in tesco a few years back, dunno if I got a dodgy scanner or something but the whole thing was a right faff on.

Also the spot checking (I know they have to do it) but it feels like you're a suspected a criminal.

Missed a bit out, so wouldn't have made sense

No they don’t repack, haven’t paid at that point. It’s not the end of the world and it might catch the odd chancer out. It’s just a faff on repacking .
I’ve been spot checked once (I don’t use it very often) and the didn’t unpack just had a rummage.

Morrisons have by far the best whoops products. 4 litres of milk for 10p with use by that day. If it hasn't been opened it always lasts at least a couple of days after use by, almost free milk forever from there. Loads of other stuff you can get, big packs of chicken for a quid, in the freezer if not being used straight away.

By comparison the likes of tesco and sainsburys reduce a sandwich that goes out of date that day by about 20p. Shite with that.

I don't do a big shop, I think it's about as wasteful a thing as you can do. Much prefer to get stuff a couple of times a week, always fresher food that way, or you can take more advantage of the reduced stuff.

For that reason Morrisons gets a solid 3.5/4 from Mux.
Morrisons has the best reductions, then Asda, as you say Sainsys and Tesco are shite for reducing stuff.

mozzas actually stop people from acting like animals at the reduced section, in Asda it reminiscent of the end of days.

Morrisons should get an automatic 4/4 because it stops you having to shop at ASDA.

Where does it stop though Bob? Automated farming? Systems and processes that operate 24/7 without people on slightly more than minimum wage?

The problem is: I would consider these things in my line of work as the cost savings are tangible. But when you step back and look at the global picture, everyone is doing the same, there’s a future inflated population coupled with a jobs shortage on the near horizon.

I don’t know what the answer is.
I don't think anyone quite knows where it's going. It's possible that there will be a lot less jobs but they will probably be better paid. Will those in work be prepared to be taxed to a level that would cover something like a Universal Basic Income? It would take a major shift in mindsets.

Alternatively, there might be radical ideas we've hardly thought about yet that come into play? Job rotation? A shorter working life involving starting work at a later age and finishing earlier? This could even involve people doing a compulsory stretch on infrastructure projects at a set wage before they start a chosen career. Like yourself, I really don't know.

Just been wandering around a store in West London Reading this, Er indoors is doing the shopping.
Logon or register to see this image
That’s your alibi for murdering your neighbour out the window.

Police: We know the victim was murdered by someone living in this house, so Karen, where were you at 3:18pm on 25th July 2021?
Karen: I was doing the shopping.
Police: And you Jon?
Jon: Doh!

I've tried it once in tesco a few years back, dunno if I got a scanner or something but the whole thing was a right faff on.

It's easiest thing ever really. Scan each item, pack it into bags. Pay, then walk out.

The main problem is the random checks, but it happens maybe 1in 5 times, always when you're in a hurry.

It's easiest thing ever really. Scan each item, pack it into bags. Pay, then walk out.

The main problem is the random checks, but it happens maybe 1in 5 times, always when you're in a hurry.
TBF, shopping and paying at a checkout is hardly difficult either.

Back