Scan as you shop

We get checked every time, nearly dumped it last time, asked for the manager, he said purely random ,told him to check my record, says it won't happed next time,guess what..
Online shopping now ,super saver £1 delivery, you get 4 hr window but narrows down to a hour on the day.bargain,you can amend it up until 11pm the night before.class.and no checks.
#SSLM

I had a trip down to Leeds recently to collect a roof truss for a home project. I stopped at the KFC at Wolviston on the way back as my son was starving. Anyway, a minimum of six Uber drivers were cycling in and out for the duration of my wait and I’d have estimated the sold more via this than the did the drive through or walk ins combined.
I live right next to the McDonalds at North Moor, it’s an absolute menace now. But they must be coining it in.

I had a trip down to Leeds recently to collect a roof truss for a home project. I stopped at the KFC at Wolviston on the way back as my son was starving. Anyway, a minimum of six Uber drivers were cycling in and out for the duration of my wait and I’d have estimated the sold more via this than the did the drive through or walk ins combined.
Hard to believe people have so much money to pay premiums for these deliveries of fast food. We’re on a decent average family income and this would be considered a luxury spend.

This argument has been going for ages now , intro self service tills - taking away people’s jobs , online shopping - taking away people’s jobs , scan as you go - taking away people’s jobs and yet the supermarkets continue to recruit ?
Yes.

Automate the mundane and humdrum and allow humans to do the more creative and dexterous work. It’s the way forward.

The online ordering from supermarkets require someone to go round the shelves and shop for you whereas somewhere like Occado is much more automated to the point they need fewer staff.

Last edited:
Yes.

Automate the mundane and humdrum and allow humans to do the more creative and dexterous work. It’s the way forward.

The online ordering from supermarkets require someone to go round the shelves and shop for you whereas somewhere like Occado is much more automated to the point they need fewer staff.

Where does it stop though Bob? Automated farming? Systems and processes that operate 24/7 without people on slightly more than minimum wage?

The problem is: I would consider these things in my line of work as the cost savings are tangible. But when you step back and look at the global picture, everyone is doing the same, there’s a future inflated population coupled with a jobs shortage on the near horizon.

I don’t know what the answer is.

Last edited:
Hard to believe people have so much money to pay premiums for these deliveries of fast food. We’re on a decent average family income and this would be considered a luxury spend.
They have loads of offers tbf.
Where does it stop though Bob? Automated farming? Systems and processes that operate 24/7 without people on slightly more than minimum wage?

The problem is: I would consider these things in my line of work as the cost savings are tangible. But when you step back and look at the global picture, everyone is doing the same, there’s a future inflated population coupled with a jobs shortage on the near horizon.

I don’t know what the answer is.

4 day working week? Companies might help fund it due to higher taxes on higher profits.

Last edited:
Does anyone shop at Morrisons.
Morrisons have by far the best whoops products. 4 litres of milk for 10p with use by that day. If it hasn't been opened it always lasts at least a couple of days after use by, almost free milk forever from there. Loads of other stuff you can get, big packs of chicken for a quid, in the freezer if not being used straight away.

By comparison the likes of tesco and sainsburys reduce a sandwich that goes out of date that day by about 20p. Shite with that.

I don't do a big shop, I think it's about as wasteful a thing as you can do. Much prefer to get stuff a couple of times a week, always fresher food that way, or you can take more advantage of the reduced stuff.

For that reason Morrisons gets a solid 3.5/4 from Mux.

Morrisons have by far the best whoops products. 4 litres of milk for 10p with use by that day. If it hasn't been opened it always lasts at least a couple of days after use by, almost free milk forever from there. Loads of other stuff you can get, big packs of chicken for a quid, in the freezer if not being used straight away.

By comparison the likes of tesco and sainsburys reduce a sandwich that goes out of date that day by about 20p. Shite with that.

I don't do a big shop, I think it's about as wasteful a thing as you can do. Much prefer to get stuff a couple of times a week, always fresher food that way, or you can take more advantage of the reduced stuff.

For that reason Morrisons gets a solid 3.5/4 from Mux.
Same, I generally just nip out and get what we need for whatever I need to cook that day. It helps that Morrisons is close by like

The people who spend ages standing in the way of the shelves while they fanny on trying to scan stuff are annoying like. Execution may be slightly harsh though.

The OP would have a heart attack if an Amazon Fresh ever opened up here. They sound class tho imo.

Morrisons are trialing it aswell no doubt for when Amazon eventually buy them over (I believe they will anyway).

Last edited:

Back