Ryanair

That’s because Ryanair tend to use big planes on short runways, so they learn to get the wheels down, and stay down, rather than float along the runway for a while before touching down. Or so I heard!

Makes sense. Every single Ryanair flight I've ever been on has been a less than comfortable landing.

Looking to book a flight and I've chose the middle of the 3 options they give you. However, this doesn't include 'free airport check-in' and when I looked at their fees this is priced from £55. I've never flown with them before but is this right? Will I have to stump up an extra £55 just to confirm I've turned up or am I missing something?

Looking to book a flight and I've chose the middle of the 3 options they give you. However, this doesn't include 'free airport check-in' and when I looked at their fees this is priced from £55. I've never flown with them before but is this right? Will I have to stump up an extra £55 just to confirm I've turned up or am I missing something?

I believe you need to check in online around 24 hours before your flights

That’s if you don’t online check in via the app or website before you fly, you can do that from I think 2 days before the flight until a couple hours before the flight

That’s because Ryanair tend to use big planes on short runways, so they learn to get the wheels down, and stay down, rather than float along the runway for a while before touching down. Or so I heard!

They use the similar planes as Jet2, EasyJet, Wizz etc.

There was a rumour went round that Ryanair crews were paid a bonus for on time departures. Arrive late, leave late... lose bonus.

Would explain it

I flew to Tenerife on Monday with Ryanair...my only criticism of them is they no longer have drop down trays on their seat backs...

Really? That surprises me.

That said, in some seats they are in the armrests
They are normally in the front seats ...but none of the seats had trays ...plus there’s no pocket either in the seat backs there’s a sticker instead of the safety card and they distributed the magazine at the start of the flight and collected them before landing

Love them and had no issues.

Ideal for city breaks where I’ll usually take a rucksack and never pay for seats.

They’ve allowed me to see so many cities and countries due to the low fares.
Check in online for free mate

They are normally in the front seats ...but none of the seats had trays ...plus there’s no pocket either in the seat backs there’s a sticker instead of the safety card and they distributed the magazine at the start of the flight and collected them before landing

its been a few months since I took them over to Dublin, so must be a relatively new thing. The safety information was on the headrest like you said, and they handed the magazine out begrudgingly, but I'm pretty sure they had tables.

I also remember them not having window blinds because when we came into land the glare from the sun was unbearable!

I wonder if it has something to do with where the aircraft is based ,this one was based in Tenerife...as the outbound leg was Tenerife to Newcastle and the return newcastle to Tenerife....
All in all I don’t have an issue flying Ryanair,by purchasing premium boarding you are guaranteed to be able to take a decent sized hand luggage case,which should be restricted to 10k but it never gets weighed and a ruck sack sized bag again that doesn’t get weighed but it’s supposed to be able to fit under the seat in front...if you don’t buy premium boarding your hand luggage has to be left at the boarding gate and it’s put in the hold ...I got a return flight to Tenerife,extra leg room seat and premium boarding and it was still considerably less than A standard Jet2 flight

Aye.
All this is to save time on cleaning the plane. Aiming for 30 min turnaround.
When the plane is on the ground its not making money.
When they are late it is sometimes not their fault. ATC can not stand them and if there is a choice of plane to force to stack then they choose them because their owner is such a bell end.
I'd like to say this is true, but Its not!
(well we dont like a lot of what oleary says! ) but it's not the pilots fault.
It's a bus service in the sky.
My office overlooks the runway at LBA and Ryanair always land first first time whilst Jet2 are going round and round.
Because ryr got their first?
Atcos wouldn't put an aircraft in a hold based on company!
Ryr use 737 mainly. Same as all the other low cost jets (or a318/9/20) all the same.
The speed on ryr taxiing sometimes to make their take off time is unreal. I've seen them going so fast the nose wheel is up in the air.

All those saying they don't mind ryr. The issues come when you have a problem
Cancelled flight, can't land at airport due to storm etc. That's when most people decide to never use them again!
When they are late it is sometimes not their fault. ATC can not stand them and if there is a choice of plane to force to stack then they choose them because their owner is such a bell end.
Actually, I've rethought this.
If two planes were neck and neck, then ryr may be the one to go 2nd. Same with a britsh carrier and a foreign one. But usually its so busy that we don't think of things like that, it's on which plane is easiest to go first. Carrier makes no difference for me 99% of the time, but I can imagine a situation where someone may choose a non ryr flight. Ryr fly 250k inbound speed aswell, which can be quite annoying (though the pilots will Inc if told), so putting other planes first is sometimes an easy choice as they're flying 50k faster.

Last edited:

Back