Ryanair

I'd like to say this is true, but Its not!
(well we dont like a lot of what oleary says! ) but it's not the pilots fault.
If two planes were neck and neck, then ryr may be the one to go 2nd. Same with a britsh carrier and a foreign one. But usually its so busy that we don't think of things like that, it's on which plane is easiest to go first. Carrier makes no difference for me 99% of the time, but I can imagine a situation where someone may choose a non ryr flight. Ryr fly 250k inbound speed aswell, which can be quite annoying (though the pilots will Inc if told), so putting other planes first is sometimes an easy choice as they're flying 50k faster.
Well, I’m just reporting back what another ATC worker told me. He uses the cool abbreviations too (as an offer of proof that he works for ATC).

Ive never had a problem just select the flight and then add bag and a seat and you could go to Lanzarote for £200 return.............Train to London on a weekday is still around £300 return.

They famously once suggested planes with no seats so people could stand and they could then get more on the plane.

Be careful how much you breathe on the flight as they will send you the bill later.

Re the emergency exits, they only accept Punts.
I used to say they would do that as a joke. Couldn't believe it when they actually proposed it!
"It wont be long until they have a standing area and you have to pay extra for seats. Haha"
"Actuallt they are trying to do just that!"
"Wtf??"

Last edited:
Aye.
All this is to save time on cleaning the plane. Aiming for 30 min turnaround.
When the plane is on the ground its not making money.

I'd like to say this is true, but Its not!
(well we dont like a lot of what oleary says! ) but it's not the pilots fault.

Because ryr got their first?
Atcos wouldn't put an aircraft in a hold based on company!

Ryr use 737 mainly. Same as all the other low cost jets (or a318/9/20) all the same.
The speed on ryr taxiing sometimes to make their take off time is unreal. I've seen them going so fast the nose wheel is up in the air.

All those saying they don't mind ryr. The issues come when you have a problem
Cancelled flight, can't land at airport due to storm etc. That's when most people decide to never use them again!

Actually, I've rethought this.
If two planes were neck and neck, then ryr may be the one to go 2nd. Same with a britsh carrier and a foreign one. But usually its so busy that we don't think of things like that, it's on which plane is easiest to go first. Carrier makes no difference for me 99% of the time, but I can imagine a situation where someone may choose a non ryr flight. Ryr fly 250k inbound speed aswell, which can be quite annoying (though the pilots will Inc if told), so putting other planes first is sometimes an easy choice as they're flying 50k faster.
Interesting answers ... but I really hope ... and I mean really, really, really hope ... that you're on your break when you're on here !!!

I flew Manchester to Gibraltar a few weeks ago with Easyjet...the flight was due to leave at 6.20 and eventually took off at 7.20....the reason was that the flight had been “chosen” to lest out the de icing equipment in readiness for winter so by the time it had been done it was peak take off time and there was no skipping the queues...think the captain was just as frustrated as the passengers

The trouble is that they almost monopolise many countries routes now.
We fly to Wroclaw often and if we didn’t live near 4 major airports, we would only be able to fly Ryanair.
Unless we want a 4h layover in Frankfurt

Flew back from Portugal with them last week and had the usual low baggage allowance and having to pay 30 euros for hand luggage. To make matters worse they put our gate up on the screen so everyone flocked to it, only to be rudely told when we got there that we couldn't go through and go back upstairs.

I fly with them quite a lot to Malaga and have no problem with them - the flights nearly always take off on time and its cheap and cheerful. I don't expect a decent level of service etc as i'm not paying BA/Virgin prices. Its effectively a bus journey in the sky.

I am flying with them on Saturday to Porto as I did not do the booking. I don't like the little bloke that runs them - arrogant and ill-mannered.

How much are the coin-operated emergency exits? I will take a £2 coin on just in case. Any change given do you know?

You would be holidaying in Skegness in a piss stained portacabin if it wasn’t for him,my friend.

You have the opportunity cancel your booking,dude, and don’t be running your mouth of here.

Put your money where your potty mouth is.
I'm no fan of Ryanair by any means but they serve a purpose. It's a game to get the ultra cheap fares fhich are harder and harder to come by

Certainly be wary of I had a time constraint or something important

Like what.... getting back for your giro?

Last edited:
Well, I’m just reporting back what another ATC worker told me. He uses the cool abbreviations too (as an offer of proof that he works for ATC).
Yeah, as I said in the second bit, I can see it happening if they are neck n neck, so he is probably right for some atcos, but I can't see anyone deliberately putting a ryr 2nd if it should be first.
Where abouts does your marra work?
Interesting answers ... but I really hope ... and I mean really, really, really hope ... that you're on your break when you're on here !!!
Yeah! Though Saturday afternoons can be really really hard work. Thinking about the match and if it's still 1-1, when trying to concentrate on a dodgy climb through over London...
You would be holidaying in Skegness in a piss stained portacabin if it wasn’t for him,my friend.

You have the opportunity cancel your booking,dude, and don’t be running your mouth of here.

:lol: :lol: or perhaps using another low cost carrier?
Quite a few people perhaps had to holiday in Skegness last Yr, when hundreds of RYR flights were cancelled in their hundreds mind...

Last edited:

ER...no I would not have. I repeat I did not make the booking so had to go with it. I would not say I was running my mouth off or indeed that it is a potty-mouth. I have put my money where my mouth is - I travelled Ryanscare.

ER...no I would not have. I repeat I did not make the booking so had to go with it. I would not say I was running my mouth off or indeed that it is a potty-mouth. I have put my money where my mouth is - I travelled Ryanscare.

Ryanscare... the airline with probably the best safety record in the aviation industry.

What’s your point there, dude.

I am not your Dude - you are watching too many Westerns or something.

The point I am making is that Ryanair has often been referred to me by that name.

Yeah, as I said in the second bit, I can see it happening if they are neck n neck, so he is probably right for some atcos, but I can't see anyone deliberately putting a ryr 2nd if it should be first.
Where abouts does your marra work?

He did all the training at Bournemouth (I think?) and then was working up near Wilmslow or Alderley Edge somewhere. Then he started jabbing this lass from Toronto so moved over there, got married and works for the Canadian equivalent now.

He did all the training at Bournemouth (I think?) and then was working up near Wilmslow or Alderley Edge somewhere. Then he started jabbing this lass from Toronto so moved over there, got married and works for the Canadian equivalent now.
I possibly trained him then! College at Bournemouth is the old NATS college (now moved to nr fareham) where I instructed for a while.

Back