Running thread 2022

My running club North Shields Poly organise the North Tyneside 12km Trail on Sunday 8th Jan and entries have gone on sale this morning.

It's about 85% trail, starts at Whitley Bay Dome, up the coast along the cliff tops or beach if you wish to the lighthouse and then to Seaton sluice where you join Holywell Dene.

From there it's all trail back to the Churchill track. It's a lovely run, especially if it's been wet.

Will sell out in a few days - I usually marshall but might run this one

Just entered Manchester and Rob Burrow Leeds Marathons. Bank balance is ruined but it'll be worth it.... If I can get times I want. May enter Sunderland half next month. Anyone got plans for next year yet?

Found out recently I was relocating to Texas in January, so I am spending some time in the Lakes getting more Wainwrights before I go; if anyone wants my Wooler Marathon for Saturday i'm no longer going. This Saturday have planned a route from Honnister pass over Green / Great Gables, Haystacks; 7 new peaks in total :D Have a couple of 2-3peaks routes planned as well.

Have found the Dallas Running Club which looks canny for when I get over stateside :)
Just entered Manchester and Rob Burrow Leeds Marathons. Bank balance is ruined but it'll be worth it.... If I can get times I want. May enter Sunderland half next month. Anyone got plans for next year yet?
Dallas is going to be difficult to get any elevation training, but i'm going to try and do a couple of Ultra's in places like Colorado. Will be things I plan in the new year though.

Last edited:
Booked the Sunderland Half already, got a discount code just after this year's.
Will more than likely end up doing penshaw half, despite the rubbish medal. They redeemed themselves with a metal 10k medal.
Not given much thought to any others

Booked the Sunderland Half already, got a discount code just after this year's.
Will more than likely end up doing penshaw half, despite the rubbish medal. They redeemed themselves with a metal 10k medal.
Not given much thought to any others
York marathon was OK. Durham, Darlington, lambton Middlesbrough all have decent 10ks. Gateshead had a good half too

Yeah, did Darlo for the first time this year. Probs do it again if the club run a bus.
I'll do Durham aswell if it's not on a Friday night next year
Liked the new route at Durham, flat which is tough for Durham. Going to give myself the weekend and then get back to 10k training. See about increasing it a little distance wise next weekend.

I entered the Rob Burrow on purely on the basis I can walk to the start/ finish from home. The course looks pretty tough though.

I've signed up for Hartlepool Old Monks, Brass Monkey ½, Run Newcastle Valentines ½, Snake Lane 10 Miler, Sunderland ½ & Locke Park 20/10 so far & Amsterdam marathon in October. Haven't decided on which spring marathon yet.

Last edited:
I entered the Rob Burrow on purely on the basis I can walk to the start/ finish from home. The course looks pretty tough though.
I was thinking of it as well but course looked a bit of elevation I looking for flatter faster stuff.

Got my deferred entry to Yorkshire Marathon for next year and is my planned A race for the year, aiming for a new PB and want to go under 3 hours for my 50th - may do a marathon in spring but depends on my Iron levels coming down enough to have stopped giving blood every two weeks. Want to do two halfs and maybe a 50 mile ultra as well but again waiting on how my treatment ends up going.

Did anyone do Wooler in the end? my friend got round but said it was pretty tough and the weather wasnt great.

I was thinking of it as well but course looked a bit of elevation I looking for flatter faster stuff.

Got my deferred entry to Yorkshire Marathon for next year and is my planned A race for the year, aiming for a new PB and want to go under 3 hours for my 50th - may do a marathon in spring but depends on my Iron levels coming down enough to have stopped giving blood every two weeks. Want to do two halfs and maybe a 50 mile ultra as well but again waiting on how my treatment ends up going.

Did anyone do Wooler in the end? my friend got round but said it was pretty tough and the weather wasnt great.

Excellent mate, good to know there's plenty of good running to be done after 40 (January for me 😢)

Yeh, I ran Wooler with my cousin, 8:19. Pretty gnarly getting to the cheviot but wasn't too bad when you dropped back down.

Got the Edinburgh marathon booked for next year. It’ll be my first and probably last marathon :lol:.
I’m thinking about doing the Sunderland half but it might be a little close before Edinburgh.

Got the Edinburgh marathon booked for next year. It’ll be my first and probably last marathon :lol:.
I’m thinking about doing the Sunderland half but it might be a little close before Edinburgh.
I want to do one next year and had aimed for the Manchester or Edinburgh events.

I will have a look further into it in the new year.

I am registered for the Heaton Harriers Memorial 10k on Sunday and looking at last years results I am quite worried about how fast it is.

My best 10k time this year is 48 minutes and would have placed me 309th out of 382.

The winning time was 28:28 and last place came in at 1:15.

Back