Running thread 2022

Hope the GNR isn’t cancelled. Obviously there’s the selfish reasons, but the amount of money that has been raised for charity, it would be nonsensical to throw that away. The Queen was the patron of hundreds of charities and I’d be fairly certain that she’d want it to go ahead.

Better to do a massive 2 minutes silence ahead of the start.

Agree. Totally get cancelling the 5k as that will just be local people and 5ks are ten a penny to cancel an event that 60000 people are planning to attend in 2 days is crazy. They have Travelled to from all over the world, raised loads for charities and people have trained for for months. Cancelling would actually be pretty disrespectful and not something the queen would want I would imagine.

Last edited:
Agree. Totally get cancelling the 5k as that will just be local people and 5ks are ten a penny to cancel an event that 60000 people are planning to attend in 2 days is crazy. They have Travelled to from all over the world, raised loads for charities and people have trained for for months. Cancelling would actually be pretty disrespectful and not something the queen would want I would imagine.
Agree with this. I am sure the Queen was a lovely lady but things should still go ahead regardless.

Anybody whos done GNR in the past, best advice for parking somewhere and getting Metro in?

Considering SoL Metro station, then just jumping on the Metro - however not sure if it'll be rammed, anybody any experience of it?

Anybody whos done GNR in the past, best advice for parking somewhere and getting Metro in?

Considering SoL Metro station, then just jumping on the Metro - however not sure if it'll be rammed, anybody any experience of it?
the earlier you get on the metro, the better. i'd park in pallion retail park imo.

Back