Running thread 2022

Nice route all on trail. Bit tight at the first corner so get to the front if you are a faster runner.

I am off to Newbiggin as whitley is off.
Really enjoyed it! Started at the back with a friend and it was bottlenecked for a while and not much room to overtake people after that but wasn’t going for a time. I enjoyed Newbiggin, how did you find it? I was going to do Whitley today initially also.

Really enjoyed it! Started at the back with a friend and it was bottlenecked for a while and not much room to overtake people after that but wasn’t going for a time. I enjoyed Newbiggin, how did you find it? I was going to do Whitley today initially also.
Newbiggin is a friendly reasonably flat course apart from one hill that you go up twice.

Lovely spot for a parkrun with plenty cafes for a breakfast.

Only 70 runners

Did Hamsterley today. Ouch. 300ft elevation, and a whopper of a hill soon after the start. Beautiful scenery for the 500m or so before you're hyperventilating and having the world go sort of blurry around the edges. Joking apart, was a good challenge and I'm delighted with 26:50 for a first time. Going somewhere flat next week, mind.

You need to do a warmup before that sort of course so it's not such a shock to the cardiovascular system.

I did the Grand Tour of Skiddaw ultra yesterday, a great course but some really tough moments...the climb to Skiddaw from Latrigg 😫. The best bit was running Ullock Pike ridge, i've went up it before but today was the first descent...beautiful and a proper runnable mountain ridge. The sun was baking hot as well with 0 wind.

A really cool set up they have at HQ as well with a make shift bar, disco, camp fire etc. shame I was driving straight back although did enjoy an East Garden on arrival 😀
Utmb this weekend. I'm guess nee body here involved?
When I left to do my run yesterday morning, Walmsley looked in cruise control running through one of the French villages with a 13 minute lead. Kilian Jornet is just a freak of nature.

Last edited:
Can anyone on here recommend a holiday company that organises running holidays?

I'm looking to get away while I'm tapering for Yorkshire Marathon but everything I've found online either doesn't cover those dates or would be too challenging for a taper.

Anyone got a Garmin Forerunner 45 watch?

Does it let you view the route when you've finished a run in the app in a Google map type view ? Does it also give you all the data - distance, pace, calories etc ?

Anyone got a Garmin Forerunner 45 watch?

Does it let you view the route when you've finished a run in the app in a Google map type view ? Does it also give you all the data - distance, pace, calories etc ?
I've got one, it probably does in the Garmin app. But I very rarely look at it. I do however have it linked to my Strava app which has all that info

Third park run in a row slightly slower than last week but nearly didn't go as was feeling ropey so happy with the result.
Well done for going. I didn't parkrun today as my local was cancelled and I have my first ever event tomorrow.... Middlesbrough 10k. Who'd have thought when I started running in May and was apprehensive about finishing my first parkrun that 4 months later a 10k would be a routine run as part of my half marathon training for Manchester in Oct (I'm currently up to 9miles pb for my long run). Just need to try not getting carried away at the start tomorrow as I do naturally push myself -hence the event to practice this.

Well done for going. I didn't parkrun today as my local was cancelled and I have my first ever event tomorrow.... Middlesbrough 10k. Who'd have thought when I started running in May and was apprehensive about finishing my first parkrun that 4 months later a 10k would be a routine run as part of my half marathon training for Manchester in Oct (I'm currently up to 9miles pb for my long run). Just need to try not getting carried away at the start tomorrow as I do naturally push myself -hence the event to practice this.
Great stuff -just shows what can be done if you stick at it .Hope you do well and enjoy it

Awesome work. Good luck tomorrow!

Back