Running thread 2022

Woo hoo. Smashed my parkrun time again this morning 31m 09 (at spennymoor as well) from 31m 36 at a flat Fleetwood. I was meant to run easy but I didn't. I've got my half marathon 7 weeks tomorrow so I think I need to ease off and leave trying to get under 31m till after that....although it could happen naturally as I'm still getting fitter.

People underestimate just how effective doing nothing but building up volume at an easy pace is at improving speed.

Canny plod around Lambtons this morning in the wild deer. Opted for the 5miler rather than the 10. Was canny wham and a horrible climb for the last 1km or so
Aye we done this today, was decent although clocked in around 5.4mile according to my Garmin. Tbf the fella at beginning said it was a smidge more.

You able to find any results for it yet? Can't seem to find them anywhere, unsure how long they'd take

Aye we done this today, was decent although clocked in around 5.4mile according to my Garmin. Tbf the fella at beginning said it was a smidge more.

You able to find any results for it yet? Can't seem to find them anywhere, unsure how long they'd take

Found them here, I was expecting an email but only found them in a reply from the organisers on their FB page

Half marathon training still going ok. 9 mile tonight. I found the last mile quite hard but I guess that was the same last week when I did 8 for the first time. I drop back to 5 or 6 for my long run next week as a rest week...can't wait 😀
You’re doing amazing! You will be wanting to do a marathon next 😉

This humidity is killing me like. It's not just that the sweat is pissing out of me and I it feels like my lungs are being crushed when I'm running, my joints are even aching and it feels like when I'm out all my fitness is draining away. I'd honestly rather go out in the snow or horizontal rain.

This humidity is killing me like. It's not just that the sweat is pissing out of me and I it feels like my lungs are being crushed when I'm running, my joints are even aching and it feels like when I'm out all my fitness is draining away. I'd honestly rather go out in the snow or horizontal rain.
Can totally relate. Went out early this morning, hoping to beat the worst of it. Was absolutely honking after a couple of hills. Might take the rest of the week off and sulk.

About to do 25th park run tomorrow. Really enjoy them. Last week was slowest time. Over 30 mins :(. Just back from holiday mind!Best just over 25mins.
Well done on getting to 25 mate.

As it happens my 50th tomorrow, although unlike you would love 30mins to be my outlier bad time.. After getting to 27mins40 earlier this year, back to a 30min AVG atm, combo off tailing off my practice along with some slight injuries making me take everything slower!

Back