Running thread 2021

Aye it was, I was told there wasn't any hills, but after going down under the tunnel I knew there must've been one due. I got round in 59 mins, even had enough left for a sprint at the end.
Good Going mate , after reaching the top of the 2nd hill i basically coasted the last 3k down to the finish, had nowt left in the tank for a sprint 😂

Good Going mate , after reaching the top of the 2nd hill i basically coasted the last 3k down to the finish, had nowt left in the tank for a sprint 😂
I reckon I could have improved my time but was stuck right at the back at the start, was almost walking pace going around the rugby pitch. Will know for next time, definitely do it next year

I reckon I could have improved my time but was stuck right at the back at the start, was almost walking pace going around the rugby pitch. Will know for next time, definitely do it next year
Was first time for me aswell, i eas lucky as my cousin had originally entered but couldnt do it so he transferred his number to me, was number 130 so got away pretty much in behind the elite runners so didnt have too much traffic in front of me.

Was a nice course though so will definitley be back

After a new watch with a longer battery life. Going either Coros Apex or Suunto 9 but worried about moving away from Garmin.

Have heard that Suunto's apps are poor. Anyone any experience of it?

After a new watch with a longer battery life. Going either Coros Apex or Suunto 9 but worried about moving away from Garmin.

I havent but I've looked around at watches quite a bit as was thinking of changing mine and was more converted to Coros, the thing that might keep me Garmin is the PacePro functionality can see that being good for races.
My shortlist at the minute as I only run is the Garmin 245, 945 (cos of the map over the 245) or the Corus Pace 2 (as it has built in power recording without stryd).

If you're worried, buy a garmin. I've had my garmin fenix 5x for 4 years now and it hasn't skipped a beat.

For a watch I have upgraded this year to fenix 5 plus (bought it refurbished from amazon for around £350) and it's been perfect & has easily lasted 5-7 hour trips out with more to spare. I like that it gives you the upcoming hills and shows your progress on them, the maps feature when on trails & fells, and the "back to start" feature bailed me out when lost in mist on northumberland hills.

I'm back in Sunlun now. If I want to do the parkrun at Silksworth, what do I need to do? I know I need to register online, but what do I need to do on the day?

Wanna race like?

Where do I scan the barcode, do I have to go up to the ski slope or is it just near the start line?

Ha, cheers. I think I've got a printer somewhere, if I can't find it I might take you up on it. :lol:
Ha! I'm looking for around 21 mins (more like just sub 22) if you are around that time like?

Wanna race like?

Where do I scan the barcode, do I have to go up to the ski slope or is it just near the start line?

Ha, cheers. I think I've got a printer somewhere, if I can't find it I might take you up on it. :lol:
Gotta run up the ski slope to get it scanned :lol:

If your there early enough there'll be a first timers briefing.

Basically keep hold of your barcode, you get handed a barcode at the finish line, then get that and your barcode scanned and you hand the barcode rheey gave you back.
Dead simple

Back