Running thread 2021

Good luck everyone!!

My 2021 hopefully looks like this:

Sub 2hr half marathon.
Take part in and finish 1st Marathon ideally between 4-4:30
Sub 50min 10k Race*
Hopefully get over 1000 miles running in total. This should be fairly 'easy' If I do marathon training

*I did do a sub 50 min 10k on Christmas day however the conditions were perfect for running and it wasn't a race.

Get back to regular Sub 22.30 5k. Volunteer once a month at parkrun
Sub 48.00 10k

Not bothered about a half marathon time as I find i get injured if I start chasing PBs. Got alnwick harriers coastal run rolled over from last year so will just enjoy it.

Beat my time in the chevy chase.

2021 miles for the year
Average of 5.5 miles per day ... Doable if you can avoid injury... You will need some rest days... Good luck..

I surprised myself by managing a sub 25 min 5K this year. Have only ran once since though. Consistent training is what I need to focus on next year.
Try rucking to build back up to running its a brilliant way to boost endurance.. A back pack with about 8 kilo of sand in it and walk at a good pace.. I use this after a lay off before running again...

Just hoping we get back to regular racing again . . If we do I’ll be looking to chip away at my 10k (32:52), 5k (15:54) and half (72:04) PBs and maybe have a crack at a marathon later in the year.

Managed to get my mileage up to 80 most weeks so won’t be too much of a stretch to switch to marathon training.

Good luck with all of your goals in 2021
Marathon eh

Back