Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd love to run 30, 40, 50 miles a week like some of you guys eventually. But I can't, I keep getting injured. I'm only a beginner as mentioned previously doing this for a few months now, but I'd be lucky to run 5-10 miles a week without getting injured. I've currently done something to my ankle and I've not run in a couple of weeks, I'd run everyday if my body allowed it.

I don't know whether its one of these things that your body becomes more resiliant the more you run, I hope thats the case, because its incredibly frustrating how bad my joints and soles of my feet get only out running 2 miles the previous day.

You're probably just trying to do too much too soon. 2 miles doesn't sound a lot but if your joints aren't used to it it really is. It's really worth googling a Couch to 5K programme. That will take you from a combination of running & walking up to running a 5K without stopping in 2 or 3 months.

Something else worth considering is your shoes. How old are they & are they the right type of shoe for your gait? Normally I'd suggest getting your gait checked at a running shop but that's out of the window now so it's worth going through the shoe finder at Brooks Running

If I’ve joined the SMB runners club on Strava, how do my workouts appear? I use Garmin Connect to upload, but have it linked to Strava. I uploaded my first one yesterday but can’t for the life of me see how it ends up in that running group.

If I’ve joined the SMB runners club on Strava, how do my workouts appear? I use Garmin Connect to upload, but have it linked to Strava. I uploaded my first one yesterday but can’t for the life of me see how it ends up in that running group.
Does it show on your strava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back