Running Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought. Do we know each other? Similar running times and races... What's your initials?

Probably not, I know a few Sunderland Strollers & Harriers & a few New Marske Harriers but no-one from Run Peterlee. I'm a regular volunteer at Hartlepool parkrun so if you do that regularly we'd probably recognise each other. MS

Barry Hardon.

It makes running quite difficult

Probably not, I know a few Sunderland Strollers & Harriers & a few New Marske Harriers but no-one from Run Peterlee. I'm a regular volunteer at Hartlepool parkrun so if you do that regularly we'd probably recognise each other. MS

I've got Hartlepool down as a PB attempt in March! Everyone Peebs there it seems.

Yeah I do hartlepool regularly

Yeah I do hartlepool regularly

Plus volunteer sometimes.. Half way marker is a fave.
Phil Dunn is a mate of mine

Last edited:
Did the "new" Alnwick Park Run sat, Cragside 10k Sunday.

Park run-Fabulous setting at the back of the castle.
Trail shoes as its on all on grass help(could get away with trainers though not ideal for anyone with any joint issues)...its a three loop course.

Cragside- FREE National Trust 10K (Once a month).If you have never been this is an absolutely stunning location and is off road on mainly tracks.

For everyone this if you want a challenge. You run round three lakes, up and down banks, through woodland and at top have stunning view across towards Cheviot.

Finish off in National Trust tea room for sarnis and coffee!

You could even make a weekend of it as the above two venues are only about 20 minutes apart.

Barry Hardon.
Barry Homeowner
Athletico Mince fame

Did the "new" Alnwick Park Run sat, Cragside 10k Sunday.

Park run-Fabulous setting at the back of the castle.
Trail shoes as its on all on grass help(could get away with trainers though not ideal for anyone with any joint issues)...its a three loop course.

Cragside- FREE National Trust 10K (Once a month).If you have never been this is an absolutely stunning location and is off road on mainly tracks.

For everyone this if you want a challenge. You run round three lakes, up and down banks, through woodland and at top have stunning view across towards Cheviot.

Finish off in National Trust tea room for sarnis and coffee!

You could even make a weekend of it as the above two venues are only about 20 minutes apart.

My sister done Cragside yesterday, sounds a great run, might try and do it next month.

Last edited:
Barry Homeowner
Athletico Mince fame

My sister done Cragside yesterday, sounds a great run, might try and do it next month.
She will tell you how much fun it really was..well planned for a " no timed(suits me!) run , not race!

?? Free, I wouldnt be taking it seriously for timing etc. More for the runout and sneak into the house after ha
Its a no brainer mate if ,like me ,you enjoy your running( jogging in my case!) especially in great locations and dont take it too seriously.Thankfully,we are spoilt for choice in the north east.Hats off to those who volounteer and make it possible as well.

says not officially measured ?
Saw this,plenty cafes after as welll!Should be canny.
I did dalton pk 10 k not long ago and found it a bit bland( especially for the money?)

Some of the "local" agricultural shows in spring/summer are great ( as most may already know?).Alwinton,Powburn,Glendale ect ..nearly every villlage has its own.Alwinton is renowned for big prize money ...however if you are a " fun runner" they are a good challenge and great fun.I tend to be right at the back but enjoy the atmosphere of just being able to say "i did it."Some top class fell runners who dont turn nose up as they pass you on way down as you are gasping on way up.Makes a good day out as well, especially Glendale which attracts about 20,000 visitors to the show and stalls.Few beers in sunshine at the end with live music, jobs a gud un!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a local weight loss group who have completed the couch to 5km.

With the timing from the strollers.

There is a new little 5k being arranged in seaham for the 17th feb. Starts at noses point, goes down to Asda then back up. Possible PB course depending on wind.

my.race|result : : East Durham Trust 5K, 17/02/2019
same weekend as signal relays

The strollers are hosting it for the Trust and I believe they are trying to get it measured officially
just drove past @D.A out with his tape measure and chalk

Edit.. surprised it has a UK licence if not officially measured ?

you may also want to let run britain know they have it down as the monday 18th not the sunday

East Durham Trust 5K - East Durham Trust 5K - East Durham Trust 5K - runbritain

Last edited:
Thought id post in here rather than creating a new thread.

Started running a bit last year until I started getting pains in both ankles/legs.

The pains usually start as little as 1.5 miles into any run. Pain tends to be more left leg around the inside of my ankle running up the inside of my leg a few inches. This only occurs whilst running.

Anyone ever had similar issues? Seems to be a strain type pain when landing.

Im thinking new trainers or maybe arch support insoles are worth a try...

Started running a bit last year until I started getting pains in both ankles/legs.

The pains usually start as little as 1.5 miles into any run. Pain tends to be more left leg around the inside of my ankle running up the inside of my leg a few inches. This only occurs whilst running.

It could just be too much too soon. When you started running did you follow any sort of beginners programme or did you make the usual mistake of just going out & trying to go as far/fast as you could & then trying to better that each time?

Either way I'd recommend going for a gait analysis at a proper running shop. Northern Runner in Newcastle or Let's Run at Stokesley are very good from personal experience. They'll be able to tell you where your biomechanics could do with a bit of help & recommend the shoes &/or inserts to help with them.

Always see a physio. Bet you a fiver that they will tell you the problem is higher up. Glutes. etc. Always told me that when I've had any issue.

Good shoes/shoe advice helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back