Running Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

It could just be too much too soon. When you started running did you follow any sort of beginners programme or did you make the usual mistake of just going out & trying to go as far/fast as you could & then trying to better that each time?

Either way I'd recommend going for a gait analysis at a proper running shop. Northern Runner in Newcastle or Let's Run at Stokesley are very good from personal experience. They'll be able to tell you where your biomechanics could do with a bit of help & recommend the shoes &/or inserts to help with them.
Well i didnt do any beginners running thing. But started with a few 1-2 milers then up to 3 and 4. Didnt have much problems. Even done a 6 in june and didnt have too many issues. Usual aches etc.

Started in the july when id feel it after a mile or so. Anyways i got a bit sick so went on my first run last night since julyish. Mile and a half into a 2 mile run and the same pains returned.

might have to try the jog, walk, jog, walk routine. See what its like

From looking around on the internet i think ive got quite a high arch which may be the issue.... To be honest though im not sure.

Think i might at some point go to that running shop at Newcastle. One of my mates got sorted there. Im hoping it can be sorted with some new trainers.

Well i didnt do any beginners running thing. But started with a few 1-2 milers then up to 3 and 4. Didnt have much problems. Even done a 6 in june and didnt have too many issues. Usual aches etc.

Started in the july when id feel it after a mile or so. Anyways i got a bit sick so went on my first run last night since julyish. Mile and a half into a 2 mile run and the same pains returned.

From looking around on the internet i think ive got quite a high arch which may be the issue.... To be honest though im not sure.

Think i might at some point go to that running shop at Newcastle. One of my mates got sorted there. Im hoping it can be sorted with some new trainers.
Trainers make a massive difference.

Trainers make a massive difference.
Zola budd was a good runner!

Sports direct often have machines that analyse your feet. You can also wet your feet and stand on some card or paper.

Dropped my 10K PB from 50.16 to 49.07 at Dewsbury 10K today. Lovely little town run is that one, out and back. 40M up on the out and 40M down on the back so a decent test of the old neg splits if you are that way inclined (I just run balls to the wall and hope for the best like!). Nice one to look our for if you are in the region or fancy a trip down....

Thought id post in here rather than creating a new thread.

Started running a bit last year until I started getting pains in both ankles/legs.

The pains usually start as little as 1.5 miles into any run. Pain tends to be more left leg around the inside of my ankle running up the inside of my leg a few inches. This only occurs whilst running.

Anyone ever had similar issues? Seems to be a strain type pain when landing.

Im thinking new trainers or maybe arch support insoles are worth a try...
Rest, review your footwear and get some compression sleeves, they are the best thing I've done. I've been pain free for 3 weeks since I've started to use them.

Rest, review your footwear and get some compression sleeves, they are the best thing I've done. I've been pain free for 3 weeks since I've started to use them.
I think rest wise im ok... ive not ran in months... i should of probably took more care when buying trainers.

compression sleeves for ankle/lower leg? Didnt even know you could get them. Might look into them.

I think rest wise im ok... ive not ran in months... i should of probably took more care when buying trainers.

compression sleeves for ankle/lower leg? Didnt even know you could get them. Might look into them.
Mine go from my knee cap to my ankle. I tend to leave them on for a few hours after a run which helps with the recovery.

Been out for maybe my last run this morning before I take part in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Half Marathon this Sunday, quite looking forward to it

Don't you qualify for a championship entry?
Nah, need to be 69 mins for a half. I’m just 72. I’ve emailed that contact you gave me last year. They seem happy to stick a few extra ‘fast paced club’ entries in so fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back