Running Thread 2019

Just looked that Saturn Running up, WTF is all the Star Wars theme about? To get a Star Wars type medal?
there are so many small companies organising races these days they all seem to want a usp….. also known as gimmick. This sort of stuff appeals to the hobby joggers who do colour runs and the likes.

Yeah, have talked myself out of it the last two years, think might be perfect end to my running year is like 5-6 weeks after York and their events always well organised. Probably going to join North East Marathon Club and do a bunch of their events as well have done a few of the winter wonderlands in the past and again reasonably well organised and small fields so can turn up and run which I prefer.

Theres also new guy on the block Saturn Running that are trying to do some events in Durham and Northumberland they do stuff all round the country, trying out the Durham one in Feb its laps down by the rowing club somewhere.

Will see you there. Think I've been talked into marshalling

Just looked that Saturn Running up, WTF is all the Star Wars theme about? To get a Star Wars type medal?
or game of thrones or bowie or a multitude of others they seem to do. Only doing this first one cos the guy running it is friend of a friend, the Feb one sold out pretty quick so appeals to some people, my medals go in a draw never to be looked at again would rather have a tshirt but some folk like their "bling"

Any one running the xcountry tomorrow at Temple Park.

I have yet another chest infection so won't be running but my missus is so will be there

Been doing cardio at the gym to replace some runs to lessen the impact on my foot and it seems to have been worthwhile. Tonight I got my nephew to take me round and show me the weights and machines etc and think it could be a useful supplement to the running by building core strength up.
Sick of being plagued with injuries and that has to help.
Got a really tight calf/achilles from my first run after Christmas so been hammering the foam rolling. That never gets any easier.:lol:

Enjoyed that XC today, the course was fairly flat and firm. No mud, legs nice and clean at the finish. It was almost like road running. If Carlsberg did cross country’s . . .

Enjoyed watching it today. I see Morpeth pissed it.

Mind they had some big guns out especially in the ladies.

Laura Weightman won the ladies by almost 3 minutes

Been doing cardio at the gym to replace some runs to lessen the impact on my foot and it seems to have been worthwhile. Tonight I got my nephew to take me round and show me the weights and machines etc and think it could be a useful supplement to the running by building core strength up.
Sick of being plagued with injuries and that has to help.
Got a really tight calf/achilles from my first run after Christmas so been hammering the foam rolling. That never gets any easier.:lol:
Try yoga and/or Pilates.

Last training run before the Brass Monkey tonight. 11 months injury free & in the sort of form where I can challenge my pb. Then I saw Sunday's weather forecast... :(

Back