Running Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an enjoyable experience when doing recce for the Sunderland ultra through Houghton. Got lost (inevitably) and got chased by a dog, then ran past a load of proper edgy cows. After that, ended up about 5 yards away from a bull behind a tiny barbed wire fence, which was charging around like a giant loony. Stopped and stared me out, I started a gentle jog and it started charging again. At this point I morphed in to Roger Bannister.

All due to missing my turn off, so I'll have to try it again. Apparently you pass through a field with horses, which can also be a bit hairy.

Had an enjoyable experience when doing recce for the Sunderland ultra through Houghton. Got lost (inevitably) and got chased by a dog, then ran past a load of proper edgy cows. After that, ended up about 5 yards away from a bull behind a tiny barbed wire fence, which was charging around like a giant loony. Stopped and stared me out, I started a gentle jog and it started charging again. At this point I morphed in to Roger Bannister.

All due to missing my turn off, so I'll have to try it again. Apparently you pass through a field with horses, which can also be a bit hairy.
Might do a reccie this weekend.

Might do a reccie this weekend.

I'm gonna try it again tomorrow I think. I'm okay from Burdon - Seaham as they're routes I run. Need to do the first 3 cps and the last one from Seaham on. Let me know if you do any and I'll join you if that's alright? Bairns birthday party this weekend like so I'm restricted.

I'm gonna try it again tomorrow I think. I'm okay from Burdon - Seaham as they're routes I run. Need to do the first 3 cps and the last one from Seaham on. Let me know if you do any and I'll join you if that's alright? Bairns birthday party this weekend like so I'm restricted.
its a shite route - I wouldn't bother

How often do people run on here? Every day or a day inbetween?
I tend to try and run 5 times a week, for the last few weeks it's been Monday to Friday but i sometimes skip a day during the week if i have something on and go out on a saturday instead. Starting to build up my miles over the last 2 month or so getting around 25 mile a week in now on average.

Is there a link for it? I did google and checked the strollers site.
http://my6.raceresult.com/84746/info?lang=en

Early Bird Entries are out for the Sunderland 10k and Sunderland Half Mara http://www.sunderlandcity10k.com/

Last edited:
I tend to try and run 5 times a week, for the last few weeks it's been Monday to Friday but i sometimes skip a day during the week if i have something on and go out on a saturday instead. Starting to build up my miles over the last 2 month or so getting around 25 mile a week in now on average.

http://my6.raceresult.com/84746/info?lang=en

Early Bird Entries are out for the Sunderland 10k and Sunderland Half Mara http://www.sunderlandcity10k.com/
I've signed up after the GNR totally sickened me. Only run once since but at least my knee has had a good rest and isn't painful anymore.
Need to work strengthening exercises into my training as well.
Most of my life is spent on my arse. Even when I worked in an office I walked to and from the Metro and had an hour's walk each lunchtime. Now I just sit on the settee with my feet up and it can't be helping. Probably led to all my injuries earlier in the year (as well as my trainers).
Looking forward to getting back into it.

I've signed up after the GNR totally sickened me. Only run once since but at least my knee has had a good rest and isn't painful anymore.
Need to work strengthening exercises into my training as well.
Most of my life is spent on my arse. Even when I worked in an office I walked to and from the Metro and had an hour's walk each lunchtime. Now I just sit on the settee with my feet up and it can't be helping. Probably led to all my injuries earlier in the year (as well as my trainers).
Looking forward to getting back into it.
Once you get your motivation back you'll be fine, just takes getting yourself back into a routine to get going. I also had issues with my previous trainers i can't stress enough how much a good pair of trainers which suit your personal running style makes such a difference i was amazed when i bought some trainers i was recommended.

Once you get your motivation back you'll be fine, just takes getting yourself back into a routine to get going. I also had issues with my previous trainers i can't stress enough how much a good pair of trainers which suit your personal running style makes such a difference i was amazed when i bought some trainers i was recommended.
Couldn't agree more. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but I've always worn Asics Kayano and just bought new models each time. The last ones totally screwed my knee and reading up on it later it seems that loads had the same problem with that edition.
Got two pairs of Adidas Boost and just using them on rotation. The Kayanos are sidelined after just over 100 miles.

Couldn't agree more. I mentioned this earlier in the thread but I've always worn Asics Kayano and just bought new models each time. The last ones totally screwed my knee and reading up on it later it seems that loads had the same problem with that edition.
Got two pairs of Adidas Boost and just using them on rotation. The Kayanos are sidelined after just over 100 miles.
My old pair were Nike Winflo 3 i bought them at the start of the year mainly for the gym but got into running in March so started to use them, After i had a few issues i went to get a analysis done which is when i found out i over pronate on my right foot so i need more stability in the trainers. I ended up going for some Nike Lunarglide 8's and they have been spot on.

It's easy that bit
It was behind the mobile mast. Says after 100 yards to take trail on left. I followed but after well over 100 yards there was no trail to left so I went back to mast and took a left trail there. Steep downhill so I thought it must be right but it didn't take me to a road as described (then you're meant to go across a stream).

I still ended up at the footbridge over a19 and back on track to Dalton, just seemingly not by the correct route. Saying that, the section I missed is all marked with tape on race day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back